Strategic Risk Management
Responding to critical risks and events
Rising demand from unexpected sources. Business model threats from upstarts in new sectors. A shifting geopolitical landscape. The new breed of connected information systems. Natural disasters and critical events. And more. These challenges can threaten the very survival of your organization. Deloitte’s risk, governance and crisis specialists provide consultative and managed services, as well as one-day interactive labs, to help C-Suite executives, boards and decision-makers identify, assess, manage, and respond to strategic risks and critical events. Explore our insights and service offerings below.
- A crisis of confidence
- How we can help
- Crisis Management Solutions
- Watch the video
- Strategic Risk Solutions
A crisis of confidence
Awareness of threats is not the same as preparation to deal with them. More than three-quarters (76 percent) of surveyed board members believe their companies would respond effectively if a crisis struck tomorrow. But less than half (49 percent) of their companies have taken steps to be truly crisis-ready.
Deloitte’s global survey report, a crisis of confidence, examines the gap between real and perceived crisis readiness in the eyes of board members and the large companies they direct. Respondents offer their insights and concerns about crisis risks and their companies’ level of crisis management maturity.
The report discusses:
- Board members’ confidence in their organizations’ crisis-related abilities
- Perceived vulnerabilities and companies’ efforts to address them
- The role of the board before, during, and immediately after a crisis—what to ask and do
- Practical steps to advance on the journey from crisis awareness to crisis readiness
How we can help
Our experienced crisis leaders, combined with the full breadth of our capabilities, can assist you in preparing for and recovering from mega events. Our risk specialists, equipped with leading-edge tools and services, can help you spot, assess, manage, and prepare for risks that have the potential to disrupt your enterprise’s business strategy.
Crisis Management Solutions
The next crisis that could threaten your organization may already be taking shape, putting your reputation and business at risk. Likely the result of one of six triggers—malevolence; financial crime; technological and industrial disruption; natural or man-made physical catastrophes; financial disruptions; or confrontation in the boardroom, in the courtroom, or on the battlefield—these events can evolve quickly, testing the mettle of even the most experienced leaders.
Deloitte’s Crisis Management Solutions provide resilience and disaster management services to public and private sector clients in nearly every industry and supply chain, helping them sense, prepare for, respond to and recover from major crisis events. Our professionals have experience across all phases of the crisis management lifecycle in the areas of strategy, policy and planning, governance, financial and regulatory compliance, capital projects and infrastructure oversight, housing recovery, business intelligence, data analytics and reporting, geospatial analysis, human capital, stakeholder engagement, outreach, and more.
So we can help you go into any crisis prepared. And come out strong.
- Business continuity management – People, methods and tools that help business functions prepare, coordinate and respond to major disruptions and business interruptions.
- Crisis simulation and wargaming – An interactive technique that immerses participants in a simulated crisis scenario to help evaluate an organization’s response effectiveness and preparedness.
- Real-time response – Experienced crisis leaders, combined with operations, finance, technology and regulatory specialists, ready to deploy within hours of a crisis to support a client’s crisis command center.
- 24/7 monitoring – Around-the-clock tracking and analysis of multiple sources of data, which can be integrated with a client’s proprietary data, to provide real-time situational awareness.
- Crisis communications – Ongoing assistance to preempt reputation threats, provide guidance for stakeholder outreach and control messaging by navigating both social and traditional media.
- Grants management – People, processes, and technologies that support proposal, disbursement, accounting and programmatic compliance efforts related to financial grants stemming from natural disasters or other events.
Strategic Risk Solutions
Strategic risks have the potential to disrupt business strategy. But they can also be tremendous opportunities to achieve competitive advantage. Drawing on a range of talents with in-depth industry experience, macro trends and horizon-scanning techniques, along with advanced computer-based tools for identifying and tracking the weak signals of change, we can help your organization discover, interpret and prepare for strategic risks that can disrupt your business or industry.
Discover strategic risks
- Diagnose your current strategic assumptions, blind spots and organizational dynamics to provide fresh insight into competitive advantages, vulnerabilities and strategic risks.
- Explore future trends and scenarios to understand the strategic risks they may pose
Interpret strategic risks
- Systematically scan for and track your strategic risks to analyze and interpret how they relate to your strategy.
- Engage the owners of your organization’s strategy through dashboards, workshops, simulations and events, driving action and a sense of urgency.
- Define a governance structure that supports executive ownership and helps to enable timely and appropriate decision-making
Prepare for strategic risks
- Engage our deep, market-leading experience across risk and strategy consulting to assist you in defining and implementing an appropriate response strategy.
Bring it to life
- Through an immersive and highly interactive one-day Lab session in the Deloitte Greenhouse, we can help you bring to life the disruptors shaping your industry, discover new insights into your most relevant risks, and incorporate risk thinking into critical business decisions.