Extended Enterprise Management Services has been saved
Extended Enterprise Management Services
Turning third-party risk into opportunity
Today’s organizations don’t operate in isolation. The success of the business depends upon an intricate array of third-party relationships that extend the physical and virtual boundaries of the organization. As the extended enterprise ecosystem reaches farther and becomes more complex, our Extended Enterprise Management (EEM) Services can help you better understand your risks and take a more strategic approach to third-party risk management.
- The “WHY?”—what’s the business challenge
- Reducing risk and accelerating value with EEM
- From chaos to clarity
- About Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory
Understanding the business challenge
Use of third parties is growing 15 percent annually in part due to these factors:
- Only one percent of organizations surveyed in Deloitte’s 2019 extended enterprise risk management (EERM) survey consider themselves "optimized," addressing all-important ecosystem issues.
- Efforts to contain cost and to focus the business on core capabilities and solutions that drive revenue.
- A growing number of specialized business services and automated solutions offered by third parties.
- Expansion of IoT, cloud computing, and other technology advances in business and consumer practices.
- Need for globalization and business presence in a greater number of markets and geographies.
- Augmenting and scaling existing resources to meet changing and seasonal consumer demand.
The rise of social media and third-party risk
There may be heightened reputational harm by third parties who impact customer experience or product quality. Social media can make business harm nearly immediate.
Reducing risk and accelerating value with EEM
While managing third-party relationships can be complex, approaching them strategically can reduce risk and cost, and also present new opportunities for growth. EEM can help organizations understand and mitigate third-party risks while improving the bottom line—shifting the focus from cost to overall value and delivering key benefits:
- Reduced compliance and operational risk
- Lower cost of third-party relationships
- Improved performance of third parties and adherence to service-level agreements (SLAs)
- More collaborative, value-driven relationships
- Improved business decision making
From chaos to clarity
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps simplify the complex while providing confidence in decision making.
- Evaluate existing EEM capability
- Strategize for EEM ecosystem optimization
- Design EEM frameworks, including policies, operating models, and tools
- Digitize EEM by building, configuring, testing, and deploying EEM tools
- "Stand-up" EEM teams and utilities
- Deploy EEM, supported by defined training and communications programs
- Provide ongoing EEM support as part of a hybrid or fully outsourced managed service
- Perform third-party audits, inspections, and contract compliance reviews
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory can help organizations mitigate risk, reduce financial leakage, and accelerate performance across the extended enterprise ecosystem. Our transformational EEM programs comprise enabling solutions that have demonstrated the ability to improve the bottom line by two to three percent through services across the EEM domain areas and core solutions: Digital, Risk, Financial. These services span across Cyber, Forensics, Regulatory & Operational, and Risk Intelligence portfolios:
Domain and core solutions
About Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities—from strategic, reputation, and financial risks to operational, cyber, and regulatory risks—to gain competitive advantage.
We apply our experience in ongoing business operations and corporate lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading teams help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance, disrupt through innovation, and lead in their industries.
Explore our priority markets:
- Assurance & Internal Audit
- Cyber risk
- Financial Risk, Transactions & Restructuring
- Regulatory and Operational Risk
- Risk Intelligence
Getting risk management right during the pandemic
Impact on the third-party provider landscape for investment management