Global employer services archive
Global employer tax alerts are published as issues develop around compliance, multifaceted tax laws and labour regulations.
April 21, 2021: CRA issues new views on RSU taxation in Canada
April 14, 2021: CRA provides further guidance on international income tax issues
- April 24, 2017: President Trump signs new executive order "Buy American and Hire American"
- March 17, 2017: National temporary restraining order granted suspending enforcement and implementation of latest executive order
- March 13, 2017: Quebec - Increased deduction for qualifying stock options of large publicly traded companies
- March 10, 2017: USCIS will temporarily suspend premium processing for all H-1B petitions
- March 10, 2017: President Trump signs new executive order banning travel for nationals of six countries
- February 6, 2017: US executive order on immigration
- December 10, 2015: The CRA provides clarification on compensation plans
- November 24, 2015: Stock option amendments – prospectivity promised
- November 5, 2015: Employee stock options - anticipated modifications
- October 21, 2015: Stock option deduction changes expected with new Federal government
- April 27, 2015: Relief from payroll withholding obligations for business travelers – a step in the right direction
- October 8, 2013: Revised Form T1135 – Foreign Income Verification Statement
- January 28, 2013: Update on stock option sourcing and article XV
- January 4, 2013: Relief from payroll withholding obligations for certain non-resident employees attending conferences in Canada
- September 4, 2012: New IRS streamlined filing procedure for delinquent filers
- July 25, 2012: Quebec – phase-out of the overseas employment deduction
- April 9, 2012: Phase-out of the OETC
This publication is produced by Deloitte LLP as an information service to clients and friends of the firm, and is not intended to substitute for competent professional advice. No action should be initiated without consulting your professional advisors. Your use of this document is at your own risk.