WorldClimate Bookmark has been added
Climate change is not a choice. It’s billions of them.
Mitigating the impacts of the climate crisis is a monumental task. But together, we can drive positive change. Progress is possible if we act collectively, and it is vital that we all take urgent and immediate action.
To do our part to help the world achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement, Deloitte has launched WorldClimate, our strategy to drive responsible climate choices within our organization and beyond.
We recognize change starts within. Deloitte is committed to taking measurable, decisive action on climate change, empowering Deloitte professionals and engaging the broader ecosystem to create solutions that facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy.
The opportunity to create a more sustainable world is at our collective fingertips, and we must all ask ourselves, “What climate action will I take today?”
Net-zero with 2030 goals
Deloitte’s near-term (2030) greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goals have been validated by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) as 1.5°C-aligned, science-based targets. Deloitte has also committed to set long-term emissions reduction targets using the SBTi’s Net Zero Standard.
Our near-term goals are to:
• Reduce absolute Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions 70% by 2030 from a 2019 base year.
• Reduce Scope3 GHG emissions from business travel 50% per FTE by 2030 from a 2019 base year.
• Engage with our major suppliers with the goal of having 67% (by emissions) set science-based targets by 2025.
• Invest in meaningful market solutions for emissions we cannot eliminate.
Our additional 2030 goals to reduce emissions include:
• Sourcing 100% renewable energy for our buildings
• Converting 100% of our fleet to hybrid and electric vehicles
Deloitte’s near-term goals (2030) were validated in advance of the issuance of the SBTi Net-Zero Standard. Deloitte’s next step will be to set long-term emissions reduction targets following the SBTi standard to continue playing our part in achieving a net-zero world.
Deloitte recognizes we must align our climate policies, practices, and actions across our organization, by:
• Designating a senior leader to be responsible for climate in each geography;
• Prioritizing discussion of climate change on executive agendas;
• Embedding climate-smart considerations into operational decisions; and
• Continuing to report the organization’s annual emissions externally for transparency and accountability.
By engaging and educating Deloitte professionals on climate change impacts—decisions about what they consume, use, and buy—we will enable our people to make positive climate choices at home and at work, and amplify these through their personal networks.
Deloitte will collaborate with clients, alliance partners, NGOs, industry groups, suppliers, and others to:
• Increase demand for responsible products and services;
• Remove roadblocks that get in the way of enacting change; and
• Create innovative climate solutions at a systems and operations level.