Business Chemistry® has been saved
An interactive experience for connecting and building relationships
Would you like to learn about and understand differences in people’s business styles? Would you like to work on team dynamics and goals? A Business Chemistry experience can help you and your team learn the best out of each person.
Our response to Covid-19
Teaming, now more than ever, is critical. In this time of change, understanding our individual and team working styles, our similarities and differences, is critical to creating teaming success and remaining resilient. To help stand up teams and support our clients responding to their new environment we have developed a series of virtual Business Chemistry workshops.
Virtual workshops are delivered via a combination of virtual collaboration platforms and Deloitte Greenhouse technologies, allowing client teams to explore their similarities and differences, and collaborate on building inclusive teaming strategies. Teams are equipped to approach the current working environment with greater trust, and open and honest conversations.
The four patterns of behaviour
The four types
Deloitte’s Business Chemistry Model reveals distinct patterns of personality-linked behavior and their impacts on business relationships. Participants will gain insight into individual and team dynamics based on behavioral cues (signals). Expressly designed for use in a business context, Business Chemistry draws upon the latest analytics technologies to reveal four scientifically based patterns of behavior. The four primary Business Chemistry types are:
Pioneers seek possibilities. They spark energy and imagination.
Drivers seek challenge. They generate momentum.
Guardians seek stability. They bring order and rigor.
Integrators seek connection. They bring teams together.
The Business Chemistry survey will be provided so that it can be taken prior to the session at the discretion of the participant. The results of those questions will be used to provide the participant with a personalized individual report at the end of the survey. This report will provide a better understanding of what the individual’s assessment means, including a synopsis of each type and specific tips on how to interact with someone who has a different dominant type. Individual results will also be used to formulate the team composition and overall group results.
The goals of the Business Chemistry session are to:
- Educate the participants on the four main Business Chemistry patterns – in terms of what they are and what they are not
- Teach the participants about observable behaviors and traits to look for. You are able to create a hypothesis about another individual’s Business Chemistry pattern(s)
- Discover approaches on how to improve business relationships, as individuals and within teams
- Explore the team’s Business Chemistry composition and understand how to better leverage the team’s strengths and address areas of misalignment
Max. 3 hours, for groups 20-120 people in size, includes:
- Session-specific link for non-attest/non-assurance clients
- Custom individual report for each participant
- Exercise-based session includes the three modules of Understanding Yourself, Understanding Others (creating a hunch) and Adapting Your Style
Business Chemistry Blogs
Blog What gives you energy when working from home?
“Are you and your people okay?” - is the most frequently asked question these days. Whether it’s the start of an e-mail or the opening of a virtual coffee meeting to kick-off the day. And surprisingly, the way how each of us follows-up straight after that first question, gives some valuable insight in someone’s Business Chemistry type.
- Read the introduction blog
- Read the first blog about Pioneers
- Read the second blog about Guardians
- Read the third blog about Drivers
- Read or watch the fourth and last blog/video about Integrators
We welcome existing clients of Deloitte as well as other interested companies.
The course will be given in English or Dutch, depending on the participants preferred language. The individual report and the course materials are in English.
Date, location & investment
Deloitte Academy offers this exclusive, interactive and motivational course as a session for your company or for your team. It can also work great as start of your teaming day.
For your customized quote, please contact Jeroen Huizer.
Deloitte Academy is accredited by the NBA PE institution and has the NRTO label. This course qualifies for max. 3 PE hours.
You can also register your PE-hours at the NOB or VRC.For more information about our accreditation, we refer you to our Permanent Education page.