Technology (IT) Due Diligence has been saved
Technology (IT) Due Diligence
Identifying the cost and value of technology
IT is a critical factor in deal success and increasingly a key factor in achieving post-deal business value and delivering integration or separation objectives.
Go directly to
Why Technology (IT) Due Diligence?
Due to the confidential nature of M&A transactions and typical emphasis on strategic and financial rationale, IT departments are often not consulted until late in the M&A process. This often adversely affects the anticipated post deal financial results as IT costs and timescales can be underestimated/misunderstood.
Our key pre- and post-transaction services include
- Core IT due diligence (buy and sell-side): assess the reliability and scope and opportunities arising from IT strategy, applications, processes, infrastructure and teams, and how well they meet current and future business requirements and (cyber) security demands.
- Product and platform due diligence: evaluate the capabilities of IT products and platforms against claimed benefits, competitors’ offerings and market development potential.
- IT vendor assist: for sell-side mandate and development of Transitional Service Agreements from scoping to operationalisation.
- Integration and separation assessment and planning: help clients assess and realise the intended benefits, identifying risks, barriers and enablers
- including dependency on IT and stand-alone IT separation considerations.
- IT synergy review: assessment and quantification of IT synergies to develop robust synergy cases that can stand up to private and public reporting if required.
- Integration support: assisting clients driving through the integration of acquired businesses, focusing on securing value and managing risk in the first 100 days post-completion.
At Deloitte, we have a wide range of pre and post transaction core services as well as a strong and broad technology (IT) capabilities, enabling a tailored approach to support each individual client’s challenges, to help ensure that IT is a successful enabler for the transaction lifecycle.
We work with corporate as well as private equity investors, both on the buy and sell-side of transactions as well as on IPOs. We have a dedicated IT Due Diligence team and bring in specific technical and industry experts for each transaction from our extensive Technology and Cyber Risk consulting businesses. We work either as part of a combined diligence team, together with our financial, tax, operational, commercial, risk, cyber and other diligence colleagues, or on a standalone basis for our clients.
By joining forces with Deloitte, you gain access to proven methodologies and draw on the experience of local experts as well as the international expertise of >300,000 professionals from the Deloitte network.
Being part of Deloitte Transaction services, we work closely with our Financial (Vendor and Acquisition), Operational and Commercial Due Diligence, Corporate Finance, Debt Advisory, PMI and Carve-out teams, to provide you with our integrated insights into each stage of the M&A life cycle. We also leverage the audit, risk management, and tax services of Deloitte’s network to bring additional resources to our Technology (IT) Due Diligence engagements.