Operational due diligence has been saved
Operational due diligence
Methodical assessment and delivery of synergies and value
Deloitte offers you a well-rounded picture of the operational organization of the company to be acquired or sold, and provides insight into key value drivers and risks. This facilitates your valuation and, in addition, assumed upsides and synergies can now be properly tested and quantified.
The sharp increase in M&A activity means more than ever a focus on operational matters as a driver for the value of a transaction. Both strategic buyers and Private Equity houses are increasingly looking for ways to steer the value of a transaction, looking at operational improvement potential and proactively managing operational risks. Banks are also increasingly looking for the operational aspects of a transaction by looking more critically at the business plan, the operating performance and the hardness of supposed synergies.
Operational Due Diligence explained
open in new window Read more
Our Operational Due Diligence team combines in-depth expertise in the field of operational structuring and performance improvement, thereby creating insight into operational risks and possible upsides of a transaction. By combining sector specialists and functional experts with Operational Due Diligence experts, we are able to provide in-depth insight into both pre-deal diligence and post-deal value creation.
Our team can perform site assessments. Site visits provide you with
- Insights into the target to observe real-world performance, concerns and potential
- A consistent overview of site performance
- A deeper understanding of separation challenges and risks
- Comfort on cost-base, investment and operational improvement plans
Our team can assist in analyzing forecasts and upsides, by highlighting principal risks and pinch-points underpinning management’s plans as well seeking insight on further operational opportunities. Key benefits:
- Clarity on key operational assumptions underpinning management forecasts
- Potential negotiation points related to risks in forecast costs and investments
- Additional upsides to management plans to enhance potential offers
Our team can assist in analyzing the separation impact, by reviewing the target’s standalone cost base and the complexity of separation. Key benefits:
- Documented separation challenges and risks to factor in negotiations and advance planning
- Quantified sensitivities to the standalone costs
- Assessment of one-off separation costs and transitional services from the vendor
Our team can assist you with synergy development, by developing and validating the plan, focusing on several key areas including baselining, one-off costs, planning and phasing. Key benefits:
- Independent validation of your identified synergies to support deal valuation
- Identification of further synergy opportunities
- Robust approach that can support external announcements
By joining forces with Deloitte, you gain access to proven methodologies and draw on the experience of local experts as well as the international expertise of >300,000 professionals from the Deloitte network.
Being part of Deloitte Transaction services, we work closely with our Financial (Vendor and Acquisition), Commercial and Technology (IT) Due Diligence, Corporate Finance, Debt Advisory, PMI and Carve-out teams, to provide you with our integrated insights into each stage of the M&A life cycle. We also leverage the audit, risk management, and tax services of Deloitte’s network to bring additional resources to our Operational Due Diligence engagements.