Product Management & Engineering has been saved
Product Management & Engineering
Move fast and build smart
Software product management and engineering is changing rapidly with the shift to multitenant cloud offers, breaking down of monolithic architectures, expectation of rapid upgrades, and relentless focus on design. Products are doing more than ever, from gathering usage insights to providing customers an in-product entry point for training, upgrades, and support. Product development organizations are under constant pressure to generate more big ideas with the potential to be the next big market-makers and make products more intelligent, all while accelerating time to value, increasing profitability, reducing costs, and providing consumer-grade product experiences.
Let's build the future. Together
What are some challenges in software product management and engineering?
Software space is expanding and experiencing an unprecedented scale and speed of innovation. These changes have not only affected how software is written, but also how it is deployed, monetized, and brought to market. Product and engineering leaders are constantly grappling with many interrelated decisions:
- What is the optimal mix of perpetual versus recurring product and how do we avoid SKU proliferation?
- How can we make ideation and development more customer-centric and design-led?
- What is an optimal operating model for R&D?
- How can we raise the bar on the speed and quality of product portfolio and development outcomes?
- How do we design optimal pricing and packaging strategies for subscription models?
- How should we enable telemetry across all products?
- What are the implications of refactoring existing code and how do we move to a platform-based architecture?
- How can we enable product development and life cycle management processes with technology?
What we do:
- Product and R&D strategy – Manage product portfolio, develop platform strategy, align innovation and commercialization, make ideation design-centric using advanced product analytics, and design new product introduction processes
- Development modernization – Help modernize applications by refactoring code, containerizing applications, and designing and implementing product telemetry and product data simplification
- Software and SaaS pricing – Design pricing and packaging strategies for subscription- and usage-based offers to enable tiered offers, dynamic pricing, and land-and-expand models
- Product life cycle management – Optimize the product life cycle to meet requirements of frequent releases and continuous refreshes through enablement of agile development methodology, as well as leading PLM technologies
- R&D organization and talent – Establish a sustainable and flexible operating model to build cross-functional product management pods, enable platform-based offerings, and attract and develop top R&D talent
Where we’ve done it