Business Transformation Services has been saved
Business Transformation Services
Strategies for owning the disruption
Designing, implementing, and following a comprehensive business transformation strategy can help your organization remain agile and responsive in a highly competitive environment.
- Business transformation strategy: Own the disruption
- How we deliver
- Why Deloitte?
- Six keys to business transformation
- The big idea
Business transformation strategy: Own the disruption
Executives considering transforming their businesses have questions. Deloitte can help provide answers. New technological breakthroughs, shifting market demands, changing competitive strategies, new regulatory requirements, and more activist investors are just some of the forces continuously impacting businesses today. Deloitte can help your organization rethink, redesign, and move forward with fundamental changes to your business and operating models that can help you reduce expenses, embark on a new strategic direction, and maximize value amid disruption.
New challenges, technologies, and competitors mean that disruption is happening faster than ever and businesses need to keep pace with—or ideally get ahead of—the changing environment to remain viable and profitable. Designing, implementing, and following a comprehensive approach to business transformation (BT) can help your organization make the most of the opportunities created by disruption.
How we deliver
Business transformations don't take place in a vacuum. That's why we rely on key alliances with industry leaders such as Apple, SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, HPE, Google, IBM, and others to create comprehensive ecosystems that address every aspect of a client's transformation needs. Our open approach allows us to provide innovative, forward-thinking solutions that leverage emerging technologies like the Internet of Things, robotics, and cognitive learning to transform your organization and even your industry.
In September 2017, Forrester Research named Deloitte a leader in Business Transformation Consulting, positioning Deloitte highest in both the current offering and strategy categories of the evaluation. Among highlights in the report, author Mark Cecere described our transformation practice: “Deloitte has become the model consulting firm for business transformations today ... [and] shows maturity and innovation in all aspects of strategy and delivery…Their culture is supportive of their direction toward digital, and their partnership structure syncs well with clients seeking a long-term relationship with a strategic supplier.”1 Through our years of professional experience in business transformation, we have developed well-established tools, techniques, and a thorough understanding of the details that can make or break a project.
- Our Business Transformation Framework takes an integrated approach from strategy through execution to enable our clients to imagine, deliver, and realize value through their business transformation. Each component of the framework addresses typical areas of opportunity and value loss in transformation, and configures our market-tested transformation capabilities into a comprehensive solution for clients.
- Our Transformation Ambition Lab is a hands-on session that helps executive teams align on a bold ambition that goes beyond incremental change, helping participants rethink the art of the possible for business and operating models to deliver breakthrough value.
- Our Customer Intelligence Lab (CI Lab) supports clients in making customer-centered, data-driven decisions that address challenges and unlock new value. The lab combines customized primary and secondary research with leading data analytics capabilities.
- Our Integrated Capability Tool supports accelerated exploration of transformation opportunities and prioritization of focus areas for change by identifying and characterizing the capabilities needed to successfully transition from the current to the future state.
- ChangeScout, our comprehensive, cloud-based organizational change management solution, enables Deloitte consultants to help clients manage stakeholder relationships, align change impacts, plan interventions, analyze real-time change data, and more.
How Deloitte can help
We work with CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, CMOs, and other members of the C-suite to explore the drivers of business disruption and then frame creative, advantageous business and operating model transformations designed to capitalize on disruption and maximize the value generated by key company capabilities.
We leverage our unique approach, tools, and methodologies to help clients through each phase of business transformation, from the discovery process of imagining and framing a solution to delivering the optimal design for your organization to providing the structural support to scale and sustain the value of the transformation over time.
We have the experience, team, knowledge, and resources to guide you through even the most complex business transformations. Using our unique "Green Dot" approach, we create cross-functional teams comprised of subject matter experts from around the world to provide our clients with the data, insights, and advice they need, when they need it.
Our complete, end-to-end approach means that:
- We can deliver business model and operating model change to unlock value for shareholders, customers, employees, and the community.
- We prepare for all contingencies to help ensure that leaders are aligned, prepared, capable, and motivated to drive major change for their organization.
- We can get the job done right by providing quality, innovative solutions that allow you to transform in your required timeframe while also helping build the capability to sustain value over time.
- We are defined by our collaborative culture that enables us to work naturally and effectively with our clients and network of alliances to maximize value.
Six keys to business transformation
Business transformations require bold thinking and an honest assessment of an enterprise's goals and limitations. Success relies on the thinking and actions to identify, unlock, and drive new value across the enterprise. Some specific keys to achieving this include:
- Be strategic: Articulate a clear, testable thesis of how the enterprise will win through this transformation. Make strategically sound choices and aggressively pursue them.
- Understand your capabilities: Do you have the processes, resources, and talent to achieve the new goals you've set? Which organizational capabilities are most essential for your transformed business to succeed and how do they stack up relative to where you need them to be?
- Drive value: Be explicit in defining the step-change value you will create, how and when you'll get it, and how you will relentlessly measure progress to full value realization.
- Build in sustainability: Re-orient your organization to embrace change and new ways of delivering value.
- Be agile and flexible: Keep current with the ever-changing environment and your transformation progress. Be willing to change sequencing, pace, and focus when circumstances dictate.
- Invest in talent: Hand pick your transformation leaders. Free them to focus on the transformation and visibly support them at key inflection points.
The big idea
Disruptions are happening constantly, changing the manner and competitive landscape in which businesses like yours are operating. Keeping up isn't easy, which means your business needs to be agile and responsive, with a culture that understands, accepts, and even embraces business transformation. Our skilled professionals have the knowledge and experience to help you see the road ahead and to develop a roadmap that will get you to your destination efficiently and profitably.