State of Texas: Department of Information Resources has been added to your bookmarks.
State of Texas: Department of Information Resources
Deliverables based IT services contract
Deloitte is dedicated to providing outstanding professional services to state and local government organizations in the State of Texas. Our more than 36-year commitment to serving Texas government has given us the opportunity to work with many agencies and to understand the underlying business processes and challenges encountered when serving your constituents.
From our six offices located throughout Texas, Deloitte’s public sector professionals are well positioned to help facilitate collaboration and effective communication with our agency clients.
Deloitte is pleased to be able to provide Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) services to state and local government agencies under the Department of Information Resources Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Cooperative Contracts program. This contract vehicle benefits users by eliminating the request-for-proposal requirement and accelerating service delivery via this fully competed contract mechanism. The process saves your organization time and money allowing for Deloitte to contract directly eligible entities, including Texas state agencies, public institutions of higher education, public school districts, or other local government entities.
Please refer below to find additional information about the services offered through the DIR Cooperative Contracts Program and how to obtain quotes, place a purchase order and warranty information.
Contractor: Deloitte & Touche, LLP
Contract Number: DIR-SDD-1916
Vendor ID: 1133891517300
Deloitte’s Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) approach
Many organizations struggle with technology issues: projects failing to complete on time, within budget, or simply not delivering the expected benefits; unrealistic project planning; lack of internal project quality control; inadequate project change management; or incomplete test strategies. As budgets shrink and complexity rises, organizations seek IV&V assistance. Deloitte member firm professionals can help organizations to:
- Enable early detection of risks and manage their impact throughout the project
- Reduce development costs while maintaining high quality
- Enable compliance with regulations, company standards, and industry best practices
- Define, implement, and monitor quality throughout the project
- Proactively measure progress of the project delivery and ensure timely action in response to issues and newly identified risks
- Choose the right project partners/vendors that will meet all core attributes and ensure that the right elements are negotiated and documented in the contract to minimize the operational risks
- Ensure business requirements are consistently met throughout the project
- Efficiently handle changes to the project scope or requirements
- Define and implement control mechanisms without delaying project execution
Deloitte member firms IV&V professionals assess project management and deliverables throughout the project in order to verify that project requirements are met, that the scope of the project is under control, and that the quality of the developed solution meets stakeholder needs—before it is put into production. The Deloitte IV&V framework takes a risk-based approach to make sure that the project stays on time and on track.
Deloitte & Touche LLP can provide the independent validation and verification services listed below to Department of Information Resources (DIR) eligible entities through the DIR Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Cooperative Contracts program under this Contract.
IV&V focuses on mission critical software by conducting reviews and in depth analyses of products that carry the highest level of risk and checks that a product, service, or system meets specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
Examples of included services:
- Validation of software design to meet system needs/requirements
- Traceability of safety critical requirements
- Design analysis of selected critical algorithms
- Code analysis of mission-critical software components
How to place an order
- For product and pricing information, visit the Deloitte & Touche LLP website or contact Mike Wyatt at 512 226 4171.
- Generate a purchase order, made payable to Deloitte & Touche LLP. You must reference the DIR Contract Number DIR-SDD-1916 on your purchase order.
- E-mail or Fax your purchase order and quote form to your designated vendor sales representative.
Please contact us for more information about the services offered and how to place an order.
Deloitte & Touche LLP
400 West 15th Street, Suite 1700
Austin, TX 78701
Phone: 512 691 4171
Fax: 512 480 1061
Contract Website for DIR-SDD-1916
More details and a copy of the full contract are available at the DIR contract website.