Improve performance | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Holistic, Integrated Performance Management Solutions
Deloitte's Performance Management offering focuses on identifying and delivering holistic, integrated Performance Management solutions that are business focused and technology enabled for reporting and decision support
- AIM—Improve Performance
- How can Performance Management help your organization?
- How can we help measure performance?
- Case Study
- Potential Deloitte Benefits
How can Performance Management help your organization?
Traditionally, there is no lineage between strategic decisions and the operational activities and metrics used to execute and measure performance. Building a framework of processes and technology that enables a consistent methodology for identifying, measuring, and forecasting the drivers of business performance is immensely powerful, and can provide the ability to identify, understand, and intervene in key areas of business performance. Performance Management can create significant value by monitoring and managing performance across an organization in several key areas—financial reporting, consolidation, planning, forecasting, and management reporting, to name a few.
Our subofferings include:
- Enterprise Performance Management Strategies: Identify key drivers of shareholder value and develop a strategy to actively manage and influence performance against key performance indicators (KPIs). Evaluate impact through CXO dashboards and interactive visualizations
- Planning and Forecasting: Creative solutions using traditional applications, plus new technologies, such as big data, cloud, in-memory, and machine learning, to align strategic, business operating plans and forecasts
- Consolidations, Financial, and Management Reporting: Enable aggregation, modeling, and consolidation of financial and non-financial information in support of external reporting, regulatory compliance, and management reporting
- Accounting Rule Engines: Design and development of business rules engines to support complex finance and accounting treatments relevant to compliance reporting, policy changes, new business, and globalization
- Costing and Profitability Management: Provide insight to true profitability of customers and products through visibility into cost drivers, rates, and allocations based on analytic data models, what-if scenario modeling, and pricing strategies
- Modeling, Decision Support, and Business Partnering: Enable improved business-partnering capabilities through combination of financial and nonfinancial data, leveraging data science concepts and advanced analytic models for decision support
How can we help measure performance?
At Deloitte, we have experience helping clients link strategy and execution with meaningful performance measures. Using our industry-leading practices that focus on the heart of your business, we help identify, understand, and intervene in key areas of business performance. Leveraging our demonstrated and repeatable frameworks, we can accelerate delivery, reduce risk, clarify activities, and establish governance. We can also provide practical guidance and rapid prototypes to integrate insights into the workflow and maximize value. Our solutions and assets include repeatable plug-and-play solutions, as well as configurable components that can expedite delivery and deliver independent value.
Challenge/Opportunity: A leading asset manager's financial process and systems have not kept pace with their growth. There was also a need for enhanced infrastructure for financial recordkeeping and reporting based on a single version of financial truth.
Solution: Deloitte streamlined finance planning processes to accommodate internal reporting. The management reporting infrastructure was strengthened to accommodate internal reporting needs. Deloitte redesigned the forecast process and developed a three-year view of the organization.
Impact: With the help of Deloitte, the client was able to improve the value of financial data in driving the company to make the right decisions. Senior leadership decision-making was made more effective, and the company's progress toward its 2020 goals could be measured and tracked more effectively.
Potential Deloitte Benefits
- Strategy Alignment: Help establish lineage between strategic decisions and operational activities and metrics used to execute and measure performance
- Revenue Growth: Provide insight into true profitability of customers and products through visibility into cost drivers, rates, and allocation based on analytic data models, scenario modeling, and pricing strategies
- Cost Reduction: Help automate processes, remove inefficiencies, and redesign systems to increase productivity and reduce costs
- Risk Management: Help enable aggregation, modeling, and consolidation of financial and nonfinancial information in support of external reporting, regulatory compliance, and management reporting
- Speed, Accuracy, and Transparency: Build creative solutions efficiently using traditional applications, plus new technologies, such as big data, cloud, in-memory, and machine learning, to align strategic, business, and operating plans and forecasts