Australian Oil, Gas & Chemicals Leader
Bernadette is the Deloitte Australia Oil, Gas & Chemicals Leader and Global LNG Leader. She has worked with companies in the upstream, downstream, midstream, LNG and trading segments, conventional and unconventional resources and across the end to end project to operations lifecycle.
Bernadette has a comprehensive understanding of the Australian and global oil and gas industry, its challenges and future directions as well as the overarching policy and regulatory framework in which the industry operates.
Bernadette supports Australian and international companies improve business performance, implement growth strategies, and transition to a decarbonising economy where LNG and electricity play increasing roles.
Bernadette is an active speaker in oil and gas industry conferences and frequently writes about the competitiveness of the Australian oil and gas/LNG industry.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers Australia (FIEAust)
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Director of METS Ignited, and Chair of the METS Ignited Audit Committee
- Board of Governors and Life Member, Energy Club of Western Australia
- APPEA Technical Program Committee member (2019, 2020 and 2021)
- Organising committee member of AOG Energy Industry Supply Forum (since 2013)
- Member of SPE and Chair of SPE APOGCE 2020 (Oct 2020) and SPE Emissions Management Workshop (Sep 2020)
- Founding board member of Women in Oil and Gas in Australia
- Master of Business Administration, Columbia Business School, New York, USA
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Houston, Texas, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, Delaware, USA
Prior to joining Deloitte, Bernadette was Managing Director for Energy in Accenture’s Perth practice and APAC Energy Lead from 2007 to November 2016. She has also held senior global oil and gas operational and consulting roles with Exxon Company International, Esso Singapore, Arthur Andersen and SAIC.