Leader & Principal
2200 Ross Ave.
John has more than 25 years of management and leadership experience, and specializes in financial restructuring services both out of and in Chapter 11. He has led such assignments for troubled companies, secured lenders, unsecured creditors, and equity investors. These engagements involved services including working capital management, debt capacity, business plan analysis and development, performance improvement, plan feasibility, vendor and business partner diligence, pension funding, financing, plans of reorganization, leasehold and real estate related matters, cash flow modeling, break-even analysis, store closure analysis, accounting issues, as well as many other troubled company issues.
He has also valued companies in bankruptcy and coauthored an article on this topic, in addition to testifying in Federal Bankruptcy Court. John's other valuation engagements include mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, financing, gift and estate tax planning, litigation support, and other special projects. In addition to restructuring services, he also provides settlement services, including capacity to pay analysis, and has coauthored articles on this topic as well.
A few notable engagements include:
- Bankruptcy consultant to a $20+ billion international airline
- Advisor to global oil company regarding capacity to pay of several of its global counterparties
- Financial advisor to a $275 million global manufacturer and supplier of copper tubing and fabricated products
- Financial advisor to a $5+ billion global specialty retailer
- Restructuring advisor to a $500 million manufacturer of residential windows and patio doors
- Financial advisor to a lender for a $30 million restaurant operator
- Financial advisor to $500 million gas turbine services company
- Financial advisor to a $100 million debt bank syndicate in global logistics company restructuring
Prior to joining Deloitte, John served as an active duty officer in US Army Engineer and Special Forces (Green Beret) units, and retired from the Army Reserves as a Major.
- John holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and a Certificate in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV) from the AIRA. He also has the Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP) designation and Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- B.S. Wake Forest University
- M.B.A., University of Texas at Arlington