Balance work and life
Life is full of challenges. To help you successfully navigate private and work commitments, we support flexible working and continuously invest in your wellbeing. Whether through the possibility of part-time, taking a sabbatical, or a comprehensive health offering, we offer benefits to help you thrive.
More flexibility, better balance
In today’s demanding and unpredictable world, flexibility is vital. So, no matter what life throws your way, we’ve got you covered. Our flexible working conditions include:
- Possibility to work part-time (80% for all positions)
- Remote working when possible (already pre-COVID-19)
- Sabbatical/unpaid leave of up to six months
- Purchase of up to ten additional days of holiday per year
Working parents? Yes please!
Being a parent can be both exciting and challenging. To juggle the struggle of balancing both your family and your job, we offer the following support for our working parents:
- Free coaching and workshops for new parents
- 26 weeks of paid maternity leave after giving birth
- Six weeks of paternity leave
- Possibility to work part-time
- Sickness of a child: If your child is sick, you’re entitled to 3 paid days to take care of them per child under 15 years of age
- Allowance for additional childcare: In case you need to organise additional childcare due to circumstances related to work, Deloitte will refund the cost of up to 150 CHF per day per child
- Nursing rooms in all offices and new working parent meeting rooms in our Zurich office
Caring about your health and wellbeing
We believe that the most important thing, undeniably, is your health. We want you to be at your best. That is why we have launched a variety of initiatives to support your wellbeing. They range from preventive healthcare to our mental toughness programme.
- Free corporate fitness programme with access to various classes, from yoga and boxing to dance, tennis, EMS, and much more
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness and wellbeing app
- Events and webinars on health and wellbeing topics, like mindfulness and resilience
Programmes to support your mental and physical health and promote a culture for everyone to thrive:
- Mental toughness programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Mental health ambassadors programme
Community and inclusiveness at the core of our culture
At Deloitte, we believe in the power of community. Meet like-minded people in our many different networks and clubs and become part of something bigger.
- GLOBE Network (for our LGBTQAI+ colleagues and their allies)
- Young Deloitte Network
- Toastmasters Club
- Virtual Coffee Club
- Deloitte CARE Initiative
- Multi-Cultural Network
- Numerous sports clubs
Learn, grow and pass on your knowledge
We consider learning to be something to enjoy and strive for at any stage of life. That’s why we invest in your development – whatever your personal goals may be. Whether through exciting client assignments, dedicated programmes for each level, or learning from your leaders and peers, everybody has the opportunity to get a coach who’s there to help and support your growth at Deloitte.
Our learning opportunities and benefits include:
- Dedicated boot camps for you to learn or develop the skills you need to succeed and get to the next level. This includes leadership, coaching, networking, customer-related skills and many others.
- Financial support and time off for continuing education
- Possibility of international assignments and working abroad
- Dedicated programmes for women
- Deloitte University (now virtual!): milestone training courses for managers and above, where you grow your skills and network with peers internationally