Helping you to balance your career and personal life
It is not always easy to strike the right balance between work and personal life. However, we aim to give you as much flexibility as possible so you can be your best self – at work and at home.
That's why we offer a number of flexible working arrangements:
- Possibility to work part-time (80% for all positions)
- Hybrid working
- Sabbatical/unpaid leave of up to six months
- Purchase of up to 42 additional days of holiday per year
We appreciate that your needs change as you move through different phases of your life, so we offer all our people the opportunity to work part time (80%) whether that’s because of a family event, to continue education or simply because you want to pursue a passion outside of work. We are proud of our people’s many activities – from acting to writing children’s books, empowering refugees or teaching yoga lessons.
Do you want to explore the world, continue education, or spend more time with your family? At Deloitte, we offer you the opportunity to take an unpaid sabbatical for up to six months or buy additional vacation days.
"Deloitte’s option to work 80% has enabled me to spend more time focusing on my family"
Bobby Ryopponen, Director
Working parents – you’re in the right place with us
Everyone should have the flexibility and opportunity to make the choices fitting for their families. To promote greater equity for birth and non-birth parents, we offer the same parental leave to all non-birthing parents, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation. Birthing parents get 26 weeks of leave and non-birthing parents 6 weeks.
A child can turn your life upside down in so many ways. To support working parents transition into their new role more easily we have developed the Working Parents Program which includes:
- Educating managers about the challenges that working parents may face, particularly in the transition phase and returning to work.
- Individual coaching with certified coaches to address individual needs. This has proven highly popular with our employees.
- Four-hour group coaching sessions held twice a year. In these highly interactive sessions, we empower new parents to take on their new and exciting roles with confidence.
- An online learning platform offering a combination of practical guidance coupled with a coaching-led approach, allowing our people to map out their transition and explore the areas that matter to them most.
In addition to the program, working parents benefit from:
- Allowance for additional childcare: In case you need to organise additional childcare due to circumstances related to work, Deloitte will refund the cost of up to 150 CHF per day per child.
- Nursing rooms in all offices and new working parent meeting rooms in our Zurich office
- Sickness of a child: If your child is sick, you’re entitled to 3 paid days to take care of them, this is per child under 15 years of age.
Find out more directly from our people
Deloitte’s option to work 80% has enabled me to spend more time focusing on my family: Me and my wife both work and want to achieve balance when it comes to looking after our little daughter who keeps us very busy – ensuring she has lots of time with both of us around as she grows up. Aside from that we are also taking time to pursue our passions, such as travelling and discovering new wine regions or skiing. Deloitte does not only give me the opportunity to work part-time but also the ability to all be entrepreneurial in what we do – there is a genuine interest and encouragement to continually think of new and innovative ideas or ways of working.
Director, M&A and Restructuring
My paternity leave was essential for creating a bond with our son from the very start. Also, having men step up at home brings our society one step closer towards equality.
Senior Consultant, Enterprise Technology & Performance