Deloitte China at Asian Financial Forum (AFF) 2015
Asia: Sustainable Development in a World of Change
More than 1,600 executives joined our Chairman Clement Hung at Deloitte-sponsored AFF luncheon to get insights from Nobel Laureate Paul Krugman on 20 January 2015. Meanwhile, our workshop on Staying Ahead in Financial Services in the Age of the Internet of Things attracted over 600 delegates, the biggest workshop at Asian Financial Forum (AFF) in 2015.
- Deloitte's participation
- Deloitte leaders in HKTDC interview
- Sponsored keynote luncheon
- Deloitte workshop
- Follow @DeloitteChina on Twitter
Deloitte's participation as the Diamond Sponsor
The 2015 Asian Financial Forum (AFF) focused on Asia’s role in reconstructing and sustaining growth in the evolving global economy, was held on 19-20 January 2015, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Deloitte sponsored a keynote luncheon and also hosted a workshop entitled "Staying ahead of the pack in financial services in the age of The Internet of Things" on Tuesday, 20 January.
Ahead of the forum, Deloitte leaders Chris Harvey and Tim Pagett discussed e-commerce and impact investing in a 6-minute video made in conjunction with the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC).
Global economic outlook 2015
Date: 20 January 2015 (Tuesday)
Time: 12:30-2:00 p.m.
Venue: Convention Hall, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
The global economy appears to be on a slightly firmer footing entering 2015, with the US seen as the most resilient among developed economies, given its subdued inflation, low interest rates and improving employment and asset prices. Yet there remains persistent concern that the withdrawal of monetary stimulus could pose a substantial risk to market stability and hurt other economies during an uneven global recovery. Professor Paul Krugman will examine this issue and others, such as whether higher consumption in developing economies and expanding global trade can deliver sustained growth.
Remarks by luncheon sponsor:
- Clement Hung, Chairman, Deloitte China
- Carlson Tong, SBS, JP, Chairman, Securities and Futures Commission, Hong Kong
- Professor Edward K Y Chen, Distinguished Institute Fellow and Honorary Professor, The University of Hong Kong President, Qianhai Institute for Innovative Research
- Professor Paul Krugman, Professor of Economics and International Affairs, Princeton University, Nobel Prize Laureate in Economics in 2008
Deloitte China Chairman – Clement Hung giving speech at Deloitte Luncheon
Staying ahead of the pack in financial services in the age of The Internet of Things
Date: 20 January 2015 (Tuesday)
Time: 2:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Venue: Halls 5F-G, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Language: English with simultaneous interpretation
When by 2020 there are 40 times the level of connectivity between things, what will be the impact on financial services? A year in digital technology development is a long time, and it is estimated that by 2020, there could be as many as 30 billion devices embedded and/or wearable, and wirelessly connected to the Internet of Things, transforming the way we live.
The Deloitte Workshop aims to give new stimulus to your ideas for staying ahead of the pack, including:
- how to elevate your innovation to enhance the quality of doing business and living life for your customers
- how to connect with your customers and create a market for new needs and experiences they have not imagined as yet
- how to stay ahead of the pack sustainably by balancing new ways of looking at opportunities with new ways of looking at risks – vulnerabilities, threats, regulatory challenges and crises - in the increasingly borderless and integrated world which is making all this viable.
- Chris Harvey, Global Managing Director and Global Head of Financial Services, Deloitte
- Tim Pagett, Leader, Financial Services, Deloitte China; Principal, Practice Leader, Hong Kong, Deloitte Consulting (Hong Kong) Limited
- Joe Chen, Chief Strategy Officer and Secretary of the Board of Directors, WeBank
- Amy Choi, Vice President- Ping An Bank Company Ltd, China
- Dr. Robert Johnson, President of the Institute for New Economic Thinking
- Brett King, Founder and CEO of Moven
- Stefan Selig, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, U.S. Department of Commerce
Over 600 delegates joined Deloitte's workshop titled "Staying Ahead of the Pack in the Age of the Internet of Things"
(From left) Deloitte China Vice Chairman – Philip Tsai with Deloitte Workshop panel:
President of the Institute for New Economic Thinking – Robert Johnson;
U.S. Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade – Stefan M. Selig;
CEO of start-up "Moven" and American Banker's 2012 Innovator of the Year – Brett King;
Deloitte China Financial Services Industry Group Leader – Tim Pagett;
Vice President of Ping An's Consumer Bank – Amy Choi;
Chief Strategy Officer for Tencent's WeBank – Joe Chen;
Deloitte Managing Director and Global Industry Leader of Financial Services – Chris Harvey
Deloitte's perspective on key themes of Asian Financial Forum (AFF) 2015
Get access to our selection of Deloitte research and thought leadership reports aligned with this year's conference theme of “Asia: Sustainable Development in a World of Change”.
- Deloitte's participation in Asian Financial Forum (AFF)
- Asian Financial Forum (AFF) 2014
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council - Asian Financial Forum (AFF)
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council - Session summaries (English version)
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council - Session summaries (Chinese version)