Power, Utilities & Renewables
Deloitte's Global Power, Utilities & Renewables service team had built a huge and wide network around the world, including Europe, America, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific. Deloitte’s Global Power, Utilities & Renewables team helps clients across power generation; transmission; distribution and water anticipate and respond to complex market challenges and resulting opportunities by offering an unparalleled range of services, innovation, and critical thinking.
Our China practice
In China, Deloitte provides audit/ IPO audit services for PU&R companies with great experience. In addition, our PU&R team provides various consulting services for five power generation groups, three nuclear power enterprises, two power grid enterprises and well-known renewables enterprises.
We have been serving most of Chinese power generation and transmission enterprises, and large number of international giants in China, cross Audit & Assurance, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory:
- Build a cross-function team to support the "Going Out" strategy and "Belt and Road Initiatives" for China enterprises, Deloitte had serviced a large number of enterprises to complete the internationalization, which had significant effect
- Provide advisory services for the China Ministry of Finance, such as formulating China accounting standards and taxation systems which aligns global practice.
- Provide Hong Kong IPO audit and annual audit service for a large number of China listed state-owned enterprises, such as IPO audit and annual audit of China’s large State-Owned power manufacturing enterprise, and annual audit of the global leading photovoltaic material and solar power generation listed company.
- Perform financial advisory service for China’s largest State-Owned power grid enterprise, including the design of group financial management model and the financial due diligence among overseas acquisition projects
- Perform risk advisory services like internal control system construction, internal control evaluation for China’s largest power generation enterprise
- Help China's first batch of regrouping central enterprises with consulting services, such as centralized management of fund, design and promotion of Financial Shared Centres and strategic planning
- Compile operational cost analysis, acquisition consulting, due diligence, tax planning and tax framework advisory services for the major nuclear power company in China.
- Help in improving the information management, such as IT planning, SAP information implementation management for one of China’s largest power generation company
- Provide audit and strategy consulting services for China’s leading comprehensive water operation service provider and water environment regulator
- Structuring advice, including development and evaluation of various structures, in relation to European investment banks for their investment in wind farm projects in China. Also advised clients on the Chinese tax incentives on power plant construction and operation, financing, earning repatriation, etc.