Energy and Resources Publications
Through thought-provoking publications, surveys and reports as well as insightful commentary, we deliver innovative, practical knowledge which companies can use to improve their overall business performance. Our network of research professionals and senior consultants can identify, analyse and help explain the issues critical to businesses across a variety of industries.
Recent thought leadership
- Tracking the trends 2017 - The top 10 trends mining companies will face in the coming year
The report presents the top ten industry trends as well as strategies that back the trends for mining enterprises. This year, the report includes more case studies to showcase how some companies are bringing new solutions to life.
- Water Tight 2.0 - The top trends in the global water sector
The central theme of the Water Tight report is innovation. It is about how utilities and industries explore new ways to tackle supply-side, demand-side, regulatory or business-related challenges.
- New technologies leading the innovation of oil retailing - China Market trend analysis report
How could the retailers of refined oil set best development strategies under the trend of decreasing sales prices? How could they differentiate themselves in the competitive market? The report put emphasis on new technologies in the sector of refined oil retailing, and provides practical solutions of innovative development.
- Capture the Value of Electricity Retailing
The liberalization of electricity retail market has been in the spotlight since the announcement of the power sector reform last year. Deloitte China Power team and Deloitte Research have jointly developed industry report "Capture the Value of Electricity Retailing" with analysis about the major implications of the reform and how the key market players response to the new trends.
- China Mining Tracking & Trends 2015
This Report involves notable risks and opportunities in the fields of finance and management, such as supply imbalance, price fall, cost rise, and profit austerity. It also touches upon the changes in mining-related laws and regulations, which will have the impact to companies on the return on investment, business valuation, project supply, product price, etc.
- Gaining ground in the sands 2014
Five rites of passage for an industry in pursuit of operational maturity
- Oil and Gas Reality Check 2014
The 2014 report focuses on five of the primary challenges impacting the oil and gas sector globally, and provides our view of the direction which these trends will follow.
- 2014 Emerging issues in China Power and Delivery Sector
The report focuses on the future of nuclear power, turning point of renewable energy, the subversion of smart grid, overseas mergers and acquisitions of China power & delivery enterprises, and new challenges under new risks.
- Tracking the trends 2014
The top 10 issues mining companies will face in 2014
- Deloitte Oil and Gas Spotlight Quarterly 2014 Q1 - China LNG: Surfing the mobility wave
China's LNG industry is witnessing a gradual liberalization with downstream opportunities opening up for new entrants, particularly in gas retailing. LNG is certain to play an increasing role in powering mobility in China, but how important will it be?
- Deloitte Oil and Gas Spotlight Quarterly 2013 Q4: China Oil & Gas equipment manufacturers
China shale gas sector has the potential to offer unprecedented growth opportunities for equipment manufacturers and service providers, who in many ways hold the keys to the successful and efficient development of these resources anywhere in the world, and especially in China.
- Greater China Oil & Gas M&A and Greenfield FDI investment spotlight
Analyzing the investment themes with forecasts on the potential deal opportunities in Greater China.
- Greater China Mining M&A and Greenfield FDI investment spotlight
Analyzing the prospect of the mining industry & potential economic consequences of such volatilities in the market
- China’s shipping trends & hotspots 2013
Potential deal opportunities & new challenges ahead in the shipping industry as influenced by the 2008 financial crisis
- Exporting the American Renaissance - Global impacts of LNG exports from the United States
Analysis of the potential impacts of LNG exports from the USA on the domestic & global markets
- Oil and Gas Reality Check 2013
Our view of 5 of the primary challenges impacting the oil & gas sector globally with prediction on the direction which these trends will follow and what may unfold over the short and the long-term.
- The gradually approaching upgrade of water industry
This report generates discussion and predictions on the development of China's water industry in next 3-5 years.