Deloitte RPA is on Duty-RPA for Tariff Exclusion for Some US Imports under Market-based Purchase
On 17 February 2020, the Customs Tariff Commission of the State Council gave an announcement on Starting the Work on Tariff Exclusion for Some US Imports under Market-based Purchase. According to the announcement, tariffs on products imported from the United States that meet certain conditions, will no longer be imposed against the US Section 301 measures.
For Chinese enterprises which import goods from the US, this policy can effectively reduce the tax burden. However, enterprises may face challenges such as collecting numerous product-related information, face complicated application and management processes, and coordinating between different departments. Thus, the exclusion application for enterprises increases the requirements for trade compliance.
Features of Deloitte RPA for Tariff Exclusion for Some US Imports under Market-based Purchase
In order to comply with customs informatization management and enterprises self-declaration, Deloitte RPA has launched an automatize solution for these tariff exclusions, which simplifies complexities, standardizes tedious processes, and automates standard operations.
Illustrated in the figure below, Deloitte RPA can provide a solution with full coverage of the whole process in filling out the procurement plans, reporting transaction records, to receiving the exclusion number and canceling the exclusion number.
In addition, the Deloitte RPA can complete high-volume, repetitive and standardized content in tariff exclusions, freeing staff from basic work, as well as provide functions of data collation, information statistics and output of function reports to assist management in follow-up business analysis and to realize the digital management of decision-making.
Advantages of Deloitte RPA for tariff exclusion
1. Automate business compliance and reduce errors
- Effectively eliminate manual mistakes, reduce errors, and avoid losses caused by negligence;
- Effectively improve the work quality and reduce the risk of import and export trade compliance caused by inaccurate application information, untimely application, and incorrect use of exclusion numbers, etc.
2. Promote automation and reduce labor
- Effectively replace man power on most of the repetitive, high-volume daily operations, liberating more human resources, reducing labor costs, and investing labor into more advanced and important work practices, in order to optimize human resource allocation;
- Realize 24 hours operation of automation operations to extend the effective working time;
- Improve the efficiency of tariff exclusion through faster data capture and batch processing compared with manual processing.
3. Optimize process automation and improve accuracy
- To realize the interconnection of information between different departments related to US imports, improve the automation of the supply chain, and optimize the management of the supply chain;
- Through the whole import process in the enterprise, effectively reduce the communication cost of multi-department coordination;
- Simultaneously capture, compare, screen and analyze the relevant information , which can help find potential application opportunities that are easily ignored in manual operation and reduce the cost of customs duties
4. Automate data integration and enhance security
- Different from system design, automation products can replace human operations without too many interfaces.
- The high adaptability of automation products can effectively shorten the deployment time and reduce the project implementation cost.
- Since RPA is only an operational tool, it can fully reduce the risk of data loss that may occur in the case of hiring other temporary personnel for declaration, and effectively enhance the confidentiality and security of information;
- Assist in information collation, data statistics, report output, information reporting, and other functions, which is conducive to the in-depth analysis and tracking for the management team
Deloitte's program features
1. Rich implementation experience, the interactive interface close to the business
The implementation of RPA is not only a simple system process development, but also matches the overall plan of the organization, position, process, system and other comprehensive factors. Deloitte can provide you with business process sorting and adjustment suggestions in the implementation process of RPA for tariff exclusion.
2. Professional service team to quickly respond to users' needs
As the largest professional service organization in the world, Deloitte has three global Centres of Excellence and three Shared Service Centers in the field of global trade advisory services, with outstanding capabilities in enterprise information consulting and implementation. The RPA services provides long-term and stable technical solutions to enterprises through the Global Delivery Centers in Dalian and Chongqing, and the implementation consulting teams in the four regions of Guangzhou and Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, and Chongqing.
3. Support deep customization of products, and provide end-to-end services from "consulting" to "implementation"
Deloitte provides tailor-made professional services for enterprises. Service from business consulting to implementation will be handled by the same team, fully ensuring efficient communication and cost savings, and truly providing integrated services.
With the increasing level of customs informatization supervision, enterprises are facing more strict tests in information and data compliance. As the leader of global trade advisory professional institutions and automatized services, Deloitte advises enterprises to use the tools of digital management, combined with the existing data management system, in order to actively promote customs data and an automation process. It will ensure the efficiency and accuracy of information processing of customs affairs, reduce corporate compliance risk, truly realize the scientific and technological innovation to promote enterprise progress.