Tax Webcast April 2020
Cyprus Tax Webcasts
Welcome to our 5 minute tax update broadcasted monthly. The aim of our tax webcasts is to provide a brief summary of local and international tax events impacting Cyprus. This month, we are celebrating 5 years of consistently reporting updates to our community. Thank you for following us!
In this Tax Webcast, we cover the following topics:
- Relief from import duties & VAT on imports of goods
- Further VAT measures voted following the COVID-19 outbreak
- Renewal of Cyprus tonnage tax system
- Important pending tax bills
- Announcement of Russian Authorities for a timeframe for the renegotiation of the agreements for the avoidance of double taxation with Russia
- Tax diary for April and June 2020
We are still broadcasting from home, as the outbreak of COVID-19 is continuing to impact our clients, professionals and the communities in which we live and serve. To help, we put together a collection of resources which are being constantly updated, to inform our communities and assist with preparing and responding to the risks associated with this global health crisis:
- Cyprus: An update to Governmental measures for the tackling of the effects of Coronavirus (in Greek only)
- Global Deloitte insights to help businesses manage and mitigate the risk
- Cyprus Tax updates
Reach out to our professionals. We are here to support you.
The previous 2019 Tax Webcasts (with full description) are available below.
You can also find the rest of our archived videos on Youtube.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Please note that the comments made in this presentation, to some extent, are based on material obtained from sources outside Deloitte.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms, or their related entities (collectively, the ″Deloitte network″) is, by means of this video, rendering professional advice or services.
No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this video.