What's in it for you?
Deloitte was one of the first 50 companies to sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant, an agreement which highlights the moral obligation owed to the Armed Forces by the Government, businesses and the nation.
We recognise the value that serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a sign of our support and commitment, we have established the Deloitte Military Transition and Talent Programme (DMTTP), which offers all the support you need to transition from military life into a civilian career.
We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organization
- Using the DMTTP and our internal Military network group to support transition coaching and mentoring for military leavers
- Aiming to support the employment of veterans and their spouses through Insight days, one to one advice and work placements
- Endeavoring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment, including compassionate leave as necessary
- Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve Forces, by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
- Encouraging support of military charities with fundraising, advice and support
- Leveraging support of ex -military personnel by using their consultancy skills, unique leadership experiences and public speaking expertise
- Supporting the MOD by taking part in conversations about Reservist Recruitment strategy and roll out; and actively championing the benefits of employing former and current military personnel.
In 2012, Deloitte Partner Chris Recchia set up the ‘Veterans Work’ initiative. This looks beyond rigid hiring criteria and recognise the value that Service leavers can bring to business. We partner with two UK-based charitable organisations, the Forces in Mind Trust and Officers Association on this initiative.
Supporting Military Spouses
We know from our own experiences that military spouses subjugate their career & support network to follow their partners who are serving in the British Army, Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force. Recruit for Spouses is not just about finding a job, it’s about spouses reestablishing their identity and independence – building a fulfilling life that benefits them, their partners and their families. In the past eight years we have helped over 5200 military spouses and partners with CV support, coaching and job applications.
We’re actively looking for skilled individuals to help lead Deloitte into the future. So please Join our UK Military Talent Community to receive career resources, potential job opportunities that may suit you and insights into life at Deloitte. Our recruiters may also contact you when they have an interesting opportunity that may be a fit for you.
Our regular Insight Days are held quarterly and focused on insight into professional services in general, designed to help you understand your options. They include CV workshops, inspiring speakers, case studies and networking opportunities.
Our next Military Insight Days are scheduled as follows:
Date: Monday 18th September 2023
Location: Deloitte Offices Manchester, The Hanover Building, Corporation Street, Manchester, M4 4AH
Time: 12.00 - 17.00
For registrations for Manchester, please use the link here.
Future dates for London
5 December 2023 - London