CDO–Smart Services Bookmark has been added
Building a strong office of the CDO
Learn about Deloitte’s turnkey set of services, designed for Chief Data Officers (CDOs) and powered by Informatica, that help put the people and technology in place to immediately assess, prioritize, and address transformational data issues in your organization.
- The evolution of the chief data officer role
- From data management to data advantage
- Deloitte’s CDO–Smart solution
- The critical role of CDO leadership
- What we do
The changing role of the chief data officer
From data management to data advantage
Industry 4.0 signifies a new industrial revolution. It’s the transformation in how business functions, turning it into one that communicates, analyzes, and uses data to drive intelligent action.
To reap the business benefits driven by data, executives should shift their organization’s operations from classic data management to a data advantage perspective that is connected across the enterprise.
A strong data function led by an executive officer—the chief data officer, in particular—is critical to enabling the data advantage perspective. Companies that don’t address and adapt their operations will potentially disappear in the Industry 4.0 landscape.
Deloitte’s CDO–Smart solution
The CDO role is unique to your organization’s needs, and our CDO-Smart solution leverages the power of the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform to support the strategy and process-related functions specific to your business. It’s a turnkey set of services that will provide you with a skilled team and the technology that’s primed to assess, prioritize, and address transformational data issues for your organization.
Everyone has data. A CDO delivers its value.
Data is no longer an advantage; everyone has it. But how you harness data to power your business can give your organization the competitive edge. The CDO is a critical enabler among the leadership team, providing the executive ownership needed to enhance decision making, improve operational efficiency, and empower innovation.
|Immersive Labs||Delivery Accelerators||Managed Services|
|Data Enablement Value Mappings||Pre-built Products||DevOps Automation|
|Art of Possible Demos Industry||Agile Delivery Methods||Sustainment Methods|
|Insights & Leading Practices||Data Engineering Services||Hosting Platforms|
The critical role of CDO leadership
The CDO role is quickly transforming and emerging as a critical enabler among the leadership team. CDOs are tasked with enhancing executive decision making, improving operational efficiency, and empowering innovation.
A successful office of the CDO needs:
- Executive-level alignment
- New talent model support
- A leader who can deliver as an operator, catalyst, technologist, and strategist
Having data is no longer an advantage; the data advantage perspective comes with managing it and leveraging it as a primary business driver.
What we do
Through CDO–Smart Services, we will incrementally staff, build, align, and train your “data organization” for you.
We’ll help you:
- Define the CDO goals, responsibilities, operating model design, and relationship with other C-suite executives
- Develop a change management approach and build the case for change
- Discuss maturity assessments, CDO data vision, and CDO strategy
- Stand up the CDO organization, define skills and recruit roles, and fully implement and/or run the office of the CDO
- Assist in the execution and management of strategic initiatives (i.e. data management, governance, and analytics) and the realization of the value (e.g. data-driven decisions, operations efficiencies, and data monetization)
- Conduct periodic audits, maturity, and compliance assessments