Executive women in tech has been added to your bookmarks.
Executive women in tech
Bridging the gap
Gender parity in IT departments and across STEM fields is about more than being fair; many research studies suggest a business case for more gender-diverse technology teams and leadership. Through research, virtual events, and live experiences, we explore the impact women are making in technology, identify steps to foster inclusive and productive IT cultures, and support career progression for women CIOs and tech leaders.
- CIO trends
- Missing Pieces Report
- Repairing the pipeline
- Executive Women in Tech Connect event
- In the news
As technology becomes the primary driver of business transformation and growth, CIOs aren’t the only ones who need to be aware of technology-driven change. How can business and IT leaders prioritize to stay ahead of disruption?
Missing Pieces Report: The 2018 Board Diversity Census of Women and Minorities on Fortune 500 Boards
This multiyear study published by the Alliance for Board Diversity (ABD), in collaboration with Deloitte for the 2016 and 2018 censuses, provides powerful metrics on the slow change of diversity in the boardroom, and may help encourage corporate boards to continue to embrace the benefits of diverse board composition. Though still a slow pace in relation to the rapidly shifting demographics in the US, the shifts point towards greater diversity in America’s board rooms.
Repairing the pipeline: Perspectives on diversity and inclusion in IT
Gender diversity and inclusion initiatives have taken center stage in IT organizations. But success in this area isn't consistent across all companies. What are IT teams doing right, and what can others do to ensure progress is being made?
This CIO Insider, the second in Deloitte's special edition series focused on executive women in IT, will review the status of diversity and inclusion initiatives (D&I) in IT based on data and insights from Deloitte's US CIO Program, share the success stories of CIOs who have broken ground in this area, and explore the latest trends including:
- Goals, metrics, and accountability in diversity hiring
- Inclusive cultures that encourage different ways of thinking and working
- Career development opportunities
- How to engage all groups in equality discussions
- Leading practices from industry leaders
Executive Women in Tech Connect event
Our inaugural event brought together women CIOs of the largest public and private organizations on International Women's Day. Our sessions focused on ways that women tech leaders can evolve their personal brand, own their seat at the C-suite table, and make a positive impact in the STEM landscape for the next generation.
In the news
- Enterprisers’ Project: Why diverse IT teams have a competitive edge
- WSJ CIO Journal: American express executive on advancing women in IT
- WSJ CIO Journal: Women CIOs find opportunity in board service
- CXOTalk video interview: CIO gender diversity: Smashing the glass ceiling
- CIO.com article: Deloitte report has some good news for women in technology
- How Deloitte is implementing strategies to create gender parity in tech and IT
- Why gender parity is good for a company’s bottom line
- Why gender diversity in the workplace increases creativity and innovation