A game plan for enhancing fan engagement has been saved
A game plan for enhancing fan engagement
Redefining home field advantage
No two sports fans are alike, and sports organizations should be agile in adapting and evolving their offerings to address different fan segments. Based on learnings from Deloitte’s survey on fan engagement in sports, we have identified moves teams and leagues can make to connect and deepen their relationships with fans.
- Sports loyalty
- Loyalty scoreboard
- Download the sports loyalty infographic
- Explore Deloitte’s insights on issues affecting the sports industry
- Get in touch
Sports loyalty: A new game plan
Home field advantage is no longer simply packing a stadium or arena with your best fans. It’s about engaging distinct groups of fans inside and outside the game venue, during winning and “rebuilding” seasons, 365 days a year. Based on our analysis, we have identified five tenets that sports organizations should consider as they examine their approach to fan engagement:
- Know your target. To design effective engagement programs, teams must be clear—and specific—regarding the target with whom they seek a relationship.
- Make it personal. Programs designed to speak to everyone run the risk of speaking to no one.
- Think holistically about
experience. The live game experience is a focal point for fan interaction and franchises alike. What lies beyond it?
- Engage year round. Meaningful relationships don’t start and stop with the sports season.
- Recognize loyalty. Recognize, reward, and record each fan interaction.
Watch the recording of Pete Giorgio, US Sports Consulting leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP, presenting the results of Deloitte’s sports loyalty research at the 10th Annual MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.
Loyalty scoreboard: exploring fan engagement
Download the sports loyalty infographic
In 2015, Deloitte conducted primary research with more than 4,000 adult US professional sports fans whose interests span the five major US sports leagues (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLS).
We asked them about their attitudes and behaviors—in-season and off-season, in-stadium and out—to explore the links that bind affinity and engagement for professional sports fans and to understand how teams and leagues should continue to evolve their approach to fan engagement in order to create greater value for fans and teams alike.
Explore Deloitte’s insights on issues affecting the sports industry
Discover way your sports organization could address challenges with Deloitte’s proprietary research and insights:
- Sports industry trends that will disrupt and dominate 2016
- TMT predictions 2016 – eSports: Bigger and smaller than you think
- Behind the numbers: Professional sports and the merits of being big and connected
- An analytics based pricing strategy for sports franchises
- Inside sports analytics: 10 lessons for business leaders