Michael J. Epstein
Deloitte Advisory Principal | Global Restructuring Services Leader, Deloitte CRG
200 Berkeley Street
Michael is the Global Restructuring Services leader of Deloitte CRG, and spends his time primarily in the organization’s New York office. His practice is centered on crisis management, financial advisory services, and restructuring activities in both middle market and large transactions. Michael has been an integral part of the organization or its predecessors since 1989.
Michael works with management teams, creditors, creditors' committees and boards of directors in many aspects of distressed businesses, operational reengineering, and financial restructuring.
A few notable engagements include:
- Chief restructuring officer (CRO) for a $200 million consumer goods direct sales organization
- Turnaround advisor for a $750 million manufacturer of specialty apparel
- Post-restructuring board member for a medical communications and events management company
- Financial advisor to post-restructuring beneficial owners for a $400 million capital goods manufacturer
- Restructuring advisor for a $500 million global contract manufacturer
- Provided borrower representation and served as board director for a $100 million national specialty retailer
- Financial advisor to a multi-bank syndicate for a $300 million distributor of CATV and electronics parts
- Managing agent for a $400 million small-ticket leasing company
- CRO for a $150 million national provider of marketing consulting, management training, and HR-led services
Previously, Michael was chief executive officer (CEO) of the largest provider of software solutions for specialized asset-based finance and back-office support for lease administration. Michael helped found that company's first business unit outside of the United Kingdom, and held a board seat for the parent company for nearly six years.
- He is the author of "Furthering Insolvency," Institutional Investor Corporate Governance Guide (October 2003), "Beyond Investor Relations: Communicating with Stakeholders in a Crisis," Investor Relations (Spring 2003) and "In Maine Today Media, Communication Key" Buyouts Magazine (July 15, 2013)
- B.S., Tufts University
- M.B.A., Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania