Trade Compass™ Specifications Bookmark has been added
Trade Compass™ Specifications
This solution enables businesses to improve the accuracy of their mid-to-long term investment amid international trade challenges arising from trade conflicts between the US and China, the impact of RCEP and expansion of TPP.
We are proud to introduce the features and benefits of using Trade Compass™, Deloitte Tohmatsu Group’s web-based international trade solution, and the privileges that Trade Compass™ users can enjoy.
- Main functions of Trade Compass™
- Introducing a new function of Trade Compass™
- How to use Trade Compass™
- Tariff risk management service
- About the tariff risk management service of Trade Compass™
Main functions of Trade Compass™
- Tariff Search (Look up tariff rates and rules of origin)
・Look up tariff classifications and rules of origin by HS codes and keywords
・Visualize future tariff rates (up to 10 years ahead*)
*Time-range specified in the agreement
- Classification Support (Compare tariff classifications among multiple countries)
・Verify the tariff classification of your company’s own products by comparing the tariff classifications (HS codes and item types) of multiple countries at the same time
- Cost Reduction Potential (Estimate potential tariff reductions)
・Prevent insufficient use of FTAs by simulating possible use of FTAs and potential reduction in tariff costs based on your company’s supply chain information (importing and exporting countries, item type, and transaction volume)
- Sourcing Analysis (Compare procurement costs, accounting for tariffs and exchange rates)
・Simultaneous comparison of procurement costs by supply chain, taking into account currency fluctuations, and future tariffs
- Trade Analysis (Analyze trade value and tariff rates by item type)
・Visualize major importing and exporting countries (the top ten countries in the world) by item type and verify the differences between market trends and your own supply chain
Introducing a new function of Trade Compass™:
The HS Version Converter
You can now convert (correlate) HS code versions as a new support feature. HS2002 up until HS2017 are currently supported.
You can also confirm candidates of the latest HS code (with subdivisions) for a specified country.
*Click here for an overview of the new function.
How to use Trade Compass™
Tariff risk management service
Tariff experts from Deloitte Tohmatsu Tax Co. will provide you with support online.
Each contracting company is entitled to one hour of free consultation time per month. We can provide support such as giving advise on the HS code applicable to the products you are researching, as well as analyze the information acquired through Trade Compass™, such as tariff rates and rules of origin.
About the tariff risk management service of Trade Compass™
Trade Compass™ Specifications
Supported countries/areas (Tariff Search/Classification Support/Cost Reduction Potential/Sourcing Analysis):
- ASIA: Japan, China, Taiwan, South Korea, India, and the 10 ASEAN Member States (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)
- OCEANIA: Australia, New Zealand
- NORTH/SOUTH AMERICA: United States of America, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Peru
- EUROPE: European Union, Switzerland, United Kingdom
(Approximately 148 countries, including countries in the Middle East and Africa, are covered by Trade Analysis.)
Supported FTAs: 62 FTAs, including RCEPs as of June 2021
Supported goods: All HS codes (about 10,000 item types)
Supported time-frame: 10 years from the current year
* More countries and regions are planned to be added.
* New FTAs executed among the countries listed above will be added as the details of the agreements become available.
*Information will be updated if HS codes are revised.
Trade Compass™ free trial
All aforementioned functions (Tariff Search, Classification Support, Cost Reduction Potential, Sourcing Analysis, and Trade Analysis) are available in the trial version.
* Please select "Topic: Deloitte Tohmatsu Consulting LLC" and indicate that you are seeking a free trial of Trade Compass in your message.