Profitable growth and realising value
Deloitte's M&A Advisory team supports a range of clients, from large corporates to owner managed businesses, in executing successful M&A transactions. This includes helping clients make acquisitions, disposals and to raise external funding.
The UK M&A Advisory team comprises over 150 people led by 32 specialist sector and product focused partners. It is supported by a global network of financial advisory, transaction support, tax and accounting professionals.
Deloitte's M&A Advisory team provides outstanding advice to public companies, private companies and management teams. It has:
- Industry-specific knowledge and insights
- Transaction structuring expertise
- Strong relationships with both equity and debt funders, industry experts and key market participants
The team is independent, passionate about quality, has deep and wide ranging relationships with key stakeholders and is able to respond quickly to deliver to tight timescales. It invests in long term relationships and is proud that for many clients it is a long-term trusted adviser.
Deloitte's M&A Advisory team utilises its global network to provide comprehensive advisory services throughout the transaction lifecycle. This includes:
- Advising on M&A strategy and assisting with deal planning including helping prepare businesses and assets for sale - See how our Vendor Assist experts can help you here
- Providing insightful market analysis, The Economic Consulting practice operates globally, providing specialist economic advice to private and public sector clients across a wide range of sectors - click here to find out more from The Economic Consulting Practice
- Utilising deep sector knowledge to identify and originate opportunities
- Providing support in executing deals on both the buy and sell side, including advising on specialist areas such as deal structuring, complex carve outs and separation issues and financial elements of sale and purchase agreements - read more about how our separation and SPA experts can help you
- Valuing specific assets
- Modelling financial projections
- Supporting raising capital, debt and private equity financing including support in producing business plans - more about our Equity Capital Markets team can be found here
- Managing transactions from start to end, including co-ordinating other advisers (e.g. lawyers, transaction support providers) and supporting post deal with integration issues
- Specialist public company advice - click here to see how our Equity Capital Markets can assist
Local M&A Advice
Deloitte’s regional M&A teams provide local insight combined with specialist M&A expertise. They work closely with specialist sector and other service line professionals across the firm to ensure that local businesses receive the best possible advice.
For detailed information about our regional teams, please select below:
Industry-led M&A Advice
We understand the importance of industry knowledge - it's at the heart of our business. Deloitte’s sector teams provide M&A advice combined with strategic market insight and current market intelligence. They have extensive experience in their chosen markets, resulting in long-standing relationships and an ability to provide expert, high-quality sector-based transaction advice.
Sectors covered include:
Global financial advisory
Deloitte has a global network of over 9,000 professional staff, led by a team of over 900 partners in over 600 offices across the globe. View the map below for more information.
Specialist support for in-house M&A teams
Deloitte's M&A Advisory and Transaction Support team provide specialist support to in-house M&A teams. This offering focuses on providing specialist sector and transaction advice to larger corporates, helping to successfully deliver clients' M&A strategies.
The team provides an alternative approach to delivering M&A services, tailored to the in-house team's needs. The client retains ownership of the transaction process but benefits from the comfort of lead advisory expertise and experience when required, and the ability to utilise selected services as required. Clients also benefit from the Deloitte team's deal experience, marketing skills and gain access to Deloitte's global and local network and sector expertise.
This can be particularly suited to complex transactions or where an in-house team is managing multiple processes. Deloitte offers both heavy-lifting and added value services from hands-on senior professionals.
Specialist support for management teams
Deloitte provides specialist M&A support to management teams. This includes advice in relation to Management Buy-Ins, Management Buy-Outs, and disposals or mergers of owner-managed businesses.
The team can help management understand:
- Deal structuring and management terms including management structure and incentivisation
- Negotiation tactics
- Criteria for investor selection (including insight into the private equity market)
- Legal and banking documentation including warranties and indemnities
- Personal tax implications
- Conflicts of interest
Management teams may have different motivations during a deal to the owner of the business, or other stakeholders. The Deloitte team can help management optimise their outcome.
Specialist Private Equity Advice
Deloitte provides specialist financial advisory advice to private equity investors and portfolio companies, as well as companies considering raising private equity.
Advice on the disposal of Blackcircles.com to Michelin Group
The team’s long-term relationship with the business underpinned successful advice
Disposal of Vertex Mortgage Services to Capita plc
Another successful transaction in the mortgage servicing sector
Successful acquisition support
Advised a leading Asian consumer products company acquire a collection of restaurant assets
Successful acquisition of SSP by LDC
Deloitte provided a comprehensive suite of bid support services to LDC
Deloitte Midlands enjoys surge in deal activity
Advisory team seals four deals in two months
Delivering the complex exit of a UK business to a Chinese conglomerate
Successfully utilising Deloitte's international platform
Support to successful Management Buy-In team
Finding the right funding match
Realising stakeholder objectives
Enabling private equity to exit its investment