20 years of making an impact that matters has been added to your bookmarks.
Life at Deloitte
20 years of making an impact that matters
Deloitte’s 20th Impact Day
2019 marks the twentieth year of Impact Day, Deloitte’s annual day of service that celebrates our year-round commitment to community-powered social impact.
- Watch the video
- Take a deeper look: Impact Day
- Achieving lasting social impact for the greater good
- How Deloitte makes an impact that matters—on Impact Day and every day
- Get in touch
Take a deeper look: Impact Day
Harnessing our collective power for impact. We believe the power of human connection can help foster a more productive, innovative, and inclusive society. By bringing together communities of people, clients, and nonprofits every year on Impact Day and year-round, we work to harness the collective power to help achieve lasting social impact for the greater good.
For 20 years, we have celebrated our year-round commitment to making an impact that matters with Impact Day, Deloitte’s annual day of service dedicated to igniting change in the communities across the US where we—and our clients—live and work. Impact Day provides opportunities to strengthen our communities, deepen relationships with each other, and broaden perspectives on pressing social issues.
The passion our people have for giving back contributes to why Deloitte:
Achieving lasting social impact for the greater good
June 8, 2018 was Deloitte’s 19th Impact Day, our annual day of community service.
- Impact Day celebrates Deloitte’s year-round commitment to social impact and is held at the start of Deloitte’s fiscal year because it’s a top priority
- Each year on Impact Day, nearly 25,000 Deloitte professionals come together in 80 cities across the country to volunteer on more than 1,000 projects-contributing 179,000 collective hours of volunteer service
- All Impact Day projects are created, led, and executed by Deloitte professionals
- Many of our junior professionals get the chance to serve in leadership roles (leading and organizing Impact Day projects) that they may not have access to otherwise
- In 2018, we collaborated with clients and nonprofits to help demonstrate the power of a shared community
- Conducted speed mentoring and career development sessions for young adults, sharing career path stories, advice on networking, resume reviews, and interview preparation
- Painted a public school playground to support learning and physical health for an urban public school
- Led a coding program, sharing experiences about careers in business and technology with high school students
- Collaborated to foster youth leadership development through sports and teaming activities
- Teamed with an inner-city farming plot on its daily operations, which included helping provide nutrition to a neighborhood food desert
Not only are we doing good in our communities on Impact Day, but we are also immersing our professionals in ways that may transform their perspectives and thereby may strengthen the value they bring to their clients, each other, and the world.
How Deloitte makes an impact that matters—on Impact Day and every day
Beyond Impact Day, Deloitte is committed to making an impact that matters in the communities where we live and work year-round.
- RightStep—Deloitte’s commitment to mentor and help students to overcome the obstacles they face on their path to college readiness
- Pro bono service—leveraging our greatest asset—the specialized skills and experiences of our people. Over the past ten years, Deloitte leaders and professionals collectively devoted more than 750,000 hours of their time and talent in pro bono service to help nonprofits develop innovative solutions to address their most critical issues
- Skills-based volunteering—Deloitte professionals support local nonprofits by participating in projects that call for general or advanced business skills
- Nonprofit board service—Our professionals demonstrate personal and professional leadership and commitment to notable nonprofit organizations
- Giving—Deloitte makes an impact through corporate donations, foundation, and workplace giving, including more than $20M contributed annually by our leaders and professionals over the last decade to United Way, Deloitte Foundation RightStep Education Fund, and US charities
- Social impact innovation—Catalyzing progress on pressing social issues with innovative thought leadership and breakthrough approaches to public problem solving developed by Monitor Institute by Deloitte
- Deloitte Foundation—A nonprofit organization that supports science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and other education initiatives to help develop future talent. Nearly $16.6M donated to colleges and universities through the Deloitte Foundation matching gifts program in FY18
- Volunteer Councils and Social Impact Communities—led by Deloitte professionals who contribute their time to manage and develop volunteer projects across the US year-round