Deloitte Consulting M&A Team Wins the 2018 "Best M&A Management Award"
Deloitte Consulting Strategy and Operations M&A team won the 2018 "Best M&A Management Award", presented by the China Mergers & Acquisitions Association. The team has won this award second year in a row since 2017, making Deloitte Consulting the only management consulting firm that has won the award for two consecutive years.
The award recognizes the outstanding contribution of Deloitte Consulting M&A team in the case of "YTO Express's Acquisition of On Time Group", which is the first overseas M&A case of Chinese express companies and a remarkable milestone for the Chinese logistics industry. In this project, consulting M&A team not only helped the client on planning and executing the merger integration, but also assisted the client on post-merger overseas strategy design, transformation of personnel/people organization and change management. And we successfully supported the client to achieve a smooth/issue-free Day 1 transition. This project stood out in the competition because it has both high-level design and practical solutions, which can effectively help the client to implement the post-deal value creation plan.
Based on China M&A Association, Deloitte Consulting M&A team has won the rewards based on great recognition from the clients and the industry, as well as its commitment to the following factors in the M&A integration process:
- Focused on practical solutions and design. Ensured the project deliverables can bring real tangible value to the clients and helped them implement the plan.
- Ability to anticipate the industry future development and provided deep understanding of issues facing the integration functions. Communicated complex issues with planned mitigation plan to clients before the problems arose.
- Created a shared vision and joint strategy to coordinate the business of both parties, integrated critical operational processes, and bridged the differences in working methods, management style and culture between the two parties.
About Deloitte Consulting M&A Service Line
Deloitte Consulting M&A Service Line aspires to be an undisputed leader to advise and execute complex inorganic growth transformation projects, arising from merger integration, carve-out/divestiture, joint venture operationalization and operational restructuring.
We advise corporate clients and private equity investors in the following areas:
- M&A/JV Strategy
- Operational Due Diligence (ODD) — focusing on Separation/Carve-out due diligence & Transactional Service Agreement (TSA) advisory and other functional due diligence elements (e.g. finance, IT, HR, supply chain and etc)
- Integration/Separation/Joint Venture Operationalization
- Operational Restructuring/Post-deal Value Creation Services