Audit Committee Resource Guide
This guide helps audit committee members and management better understand the requirements, roles, and responsibilities of the audit committee.
Audit Committee Leading Practices and Trends
Assess audit committee practices and discuss agendas and other considerations.
Audit Committee Brief
A periodic publication that provides audit committee members with recommendations, overviews of corporate governance resources, regulatory and legislative environment outlooks, and technical updates.
Issue 4 - May 2015
This issue of the Audit Committee Brief includes highlights on the following topics:
- PCAOB provides inspections insights in the first of a series of planned communications to audit committees
- PCAOB speech discusses audit committee responsibilities and qualifications, including the need for financial expertise
- PCAOB inspections and the relationship to audit quality
- Mary Jo White reflects on the SEC’s Whistleblower Program
- SEC chief accountant discusses IFRS in speech
- SEC proposes new rules on pay-versus-performance and cross-border swap transactions
- FASB and IASB propose to defer effective date of new revenue standard
- IAASB revised auditing standard requires auditors to read “other information” in annual reports
Issue 3 - April 2015
FASB tentatively defers new revenue standard; IIA and CAQ report tackles how to enhance interactions among the internal and external auditors and the audit committee; the audit of the future; PCAOB speech emphasizes important roles of internal audit and the audit committee; update of Deloitte's Audit Committee Resource Guide; PCAOB updates its standard-setting agenda; FASB amends its consolidation model
Issue 2 - March 2015 | AQIs: Measuring quality through metrics
The idea of establishing measures of audit quality that can be used by stakeholders in the audit process—including audit committees—has been discussed since at least 2008. This year promises to be a significant one for this topic, as there are several active projects focused on the question of whether metrics that provide insight into audit quality (often referred to as audit quality indicators or AQIs) can be developed. The goals of these projects are for all stakeholders in the audit process to be aware of and agree on the fundamental elements that contribute to a quality audit, and to spur productive dialogue among the various stakeholders on how to support and enhance audit quality.
- Issue 1 January 2015: Highlights from the AICPA's 2014 conference on current SEC and PCAOB development
- November/December 2014: What's on your agenda for 2015?
- September/October 2014: Internal audit: Moving beyond Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- August 2014: Finance talent: Building sustainable leadership
- July 2014: Update on regulatory issues affecting audit committees
- May/June 2014: Technology at the forefront
- April 2014: The role of the audit committee throughout the M&A life cycle
- March 2014: The 2013 COSO framework and the audit committee
- February 2014: A new era in audit committee reporting
- January 2014: Highlights from the AICPA’s 2013 conference on current SEC and PCAOB developments
- November/December 2013: Top issues for audit committees in 2014
- October 2013: Navigating anti-corruption compliance
- September 2013: The era of sustainability disclosure
- August 2013: Cybersecurity and the audit committee
- June/July 2013: A voice at the table: Becoming more involved in the financial reporting regulatory process
- May 2013: The road to convergence
- April 2013: Charting the course: Audit committee annual activities
- March 2013: Understanding the CFO and CIO dynamic
- February 2013: Evaluating the external auditor
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.