The cloud migration forecast: Cloudy with a chance of clouds
- Cloud market increased faster than in 2019. The likely reason: COVID-19, lockdowns, and work from anywhere (WFA) have increased demand, and we predict that revenue growth will remain at or above 2019 levels (that is, greater than 30%) for 2021 through 2025 as companies move to cloud to save money, become more agile, and drive innovation.
- Cloud providers and others in the ecosystem have the opportunity to capitalize on increased usage to grow and flourish, while cloud users can seek to explore new ways for cloud to create value. Already, cloud has become much more than an alternative computing approach; in the near future, it is poised to become standard operating procedure for all types of businesses.
- Gaining an intelligent edge: Edge computing and intelligence could propel tech and telecom growth
- 5G is not hazardous to your health: Busting the radiation risk myth
- The next-generation radio access network: Open and virtualized RANs are the future of mobile networks
- Women’s sports gets down to business: On track for rising monetization
- The hyperquantified athlete: Technology, measurement, and the business of sports
- TV’s New Year’s resolution: The start of the 8K wave
- From virtual to reality: Digital reality headsets in enterprise and education
- Video visits go viral: COVID-19 sparks growth in video doctor’s visits