From virtual to reality: Digital reality headsets in enterprise and education
- We predict that, led by purchases by corporations and educational institutions, sales for enterprise and educational use of wearable headsets for VR, AR, and MR—collectively known as XR or digital reality—will grow by 100% in 2021 over 2019 levels.
- With the pandemic accelerating the opportunity to demonstrate their value, digital reality headsets may continue to gain ground after the pandemic ends due to a variety of other benefits, such as lower cost, greater safety, and better learning retention.
- Gaining an intelligent edge: Edge computing and intelligence could propel tech and telecom growth
- The cloud migration forecast: Cloudy with a chance of clouds
- 5G is not hazardous to your health: Busting the radiation risk myth
- The next-generation radio access network: Open and virtualized RANs are the future of mobile networks
- Women’s sports gets down to business: On track for rising monetization
- The hyperquantified athlete: Technology, measurement, and the business of sports
- TV’s New Year’s resolution: The start of the 8K wave
- Video visits go viral: COVID-19 sparks growth in video doctor’s visits