Gaining an intelligent edge: Edge computing and intelligence could propel tech and telecom growth
- Rising from decades of instrumentation, automation, and connectivity, the intelligent edge is maturing into a revolutionary set of capabilities that are already transforming some of the largest technology and communications companies on the planet.
- Deloitte predicts that in 2021, the global market for the intelligent edge will expand to US$12 billion, continuing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 35%. Expansion in 2021 will be driven primarily by telecoms deploying the intelligent edge for 5G networks, and by hyperscale cloud providers optimizing their infrastructure and service offerings.
- The cloud migration forecast: Cloudy with a chance of clouds
- 5G is not hazardous to your health: Busting the radiation risk myth
- The next-generation radio access network: Open and virtualized RANs are the future of mobile networks
- Women’s sports gets down to business: On track for rising monetization
- The hyperquantified athlete: Technology, measurement, and the business of sports
- TV’s New Year’s resolution: The start of the 8K wave
- From virtual to reality: Digital reality headsets in enterprise and education
- Video visits go viral: COVID-19 sparks growth in video doctor’s visits