Bringing AI to the device: Edge AI chips come into their own
- We predict that in 2020, more than 750 million edge AI chips will be sold, representing a cool US$2.6 billion in revenue.
- In 2020, the consumer device market will likely represent more than 90 percent of the edge AI chip market, both in terms of the numbers sold and their dollar value. The vast majority of these edge AI chips will account for more than 70 percent of all consumer edge AI chips currently in use.
- Using edge AI chips, companies can greatly increase their ability to analyze—not just collect—data from connected devices and convert this analysis into action, while avoiding the cost, complexity, and security challenges of sending huge amounts of data into the cloud.
- Robots on the move - Professional service robots set for double-digit growth
- Private 5G networks - Enterprise untethered
- High speed from low orbit - A broadband revolution or a bunch of space junk?
- The smartphone multiplier - Toward a trillion-dollar economy
- My antennae are tingling - Terrestrial TV’s surprising staying power
- Coming to a CDN near you - Videos, games, and much, much more
- Ad-supported video - Will the United States follow Asia’s lead?
- The ears have it - The rise of audiobooks and podcasting
- Cycling’s technological Transformation - Making bicycling faster, easier, and safer