Robots on the move - Professional service robots set for double-digit growth
- Of the almost 1 million robots we expect to be sold for enterprise use in 2020, we predict that just over half of them will be professional service robots, generating more than US$16 billion in revenue. The 10 percent growth in unit sales we predict for industrial robots in 2020 is much better than the sector fared in 2018 and 2019.
- With regard to enterprise spending, the market for professional service robots is growing much faster than that for industrial robots. If recent trends are any sign, professional service robots may pass industrial robots in terms of units in 2020 and revenue—in 2021.
- Bringing AI to the device: Edge AI chips come into their own
- Private 5G networks - Enterprise untethered
- High speed from low orbit - A broadband revolution or a bunch of space junk?
- The smartphone multiplier - Toward a trillion-dollar economy
- My antennae are tingling - Terrestrial TV’s surprising staying power
- Coming to a CDN near you - Videos, games, and much, much more
- Ad-supported video - Will the United States follow Asia’s lead?
- The ears have it - The rise of audiobooks and podcasting
- Cycling’s technological Transformation - Making bicycling faster, easier, and safer