The smartphone multiplier - Toward a trillion-dollar economy
- We predict that the smartphone multiplier will drive US$459 billion of revenue in 2020 alone. This represents a 15 percent increase over the prior year, already greater than the US$26.6 billion (6 percent) year-over-year growth that smartphones may see in 2020.
- In 2020, we expect the three largest elements of the smartphone multiplier to be mobile advertising, apps (mostly games), and hardware accessories. These three elements together will generate US$370 billion, or 81 percent of the total, in 2020.
- Bringing AI to the device: Edge AI chips come into their own
- Robots on the move - Professional service robots set for double-digit growth
- Private 5G networks - Enterprise untethered
- High speed from low orbit - A broadband revolution or a bunch of space junk?
- My antennae are tingling - Terrestrial TV’s surprising staying power
- Coming to a CDN near you - Videos, games, and much, much more
- Ad-supported video - Will the United States follow Asia’s lead?
- The ears have it - The rise of audiobooks and podcasting
- Cycling’s technological Transformation - Making bicycling faster, easier, and safer