Cycling’s technological Transformation - Making bicycling faster, easier, and safer
- We predict that tens of billions of additional bicycle trips per year will take place in 2022 over 2019 levels. This increase in bicycling will double the number of regular bicycle users in many major cities around the world where cycling to work is still uncommon. In total, we predict a 1 percentage point rise in the proportion of people who bike to work during the three years from 2019 to 2022.
- Underlying this growth in bike-riding is an array of diverse technological innovations, including predictive analytics, product and application design, wireless connectivity, digital urban planning tools, 3D-printed parts, and electrification.
- Bringing AI to the device: Edge AI chips come into their own
- Robots on the move - Professional service robots set for double-digit growth
- Private 5G networks - Enterprise untethered
- High speed from low orbit - A broadband revolution or a bunch of space junk?
- The smartphone multiplier - Toward a trillion-dollar economy
- My antennae are tingling - Terrestrial TV’s surprising staying power
- Coming to a CDN near you - Videos, games, and much, much more
- Ad-supported video - Will the United States follow Asia’s lead?
- The ears have it - The rise of audiobooks and podcasting