Moving Forward Together
Priority areas and goals
As we begin this new year, a year that is certain to bring more change, Deloitte remains steadfast in our commitment of fulfilling our organization’s purpose and creating a lasting impact that matters for our people, our clients, and our community.
This report is an important first step on our path forward. We pledge to act on its insights, use the data to inform our decisions, be transparent about our goals, progress toward them, and hold ourselves accountable to our values. Specifically, we commit to the goals on the right for the Deloitte US workforce.
Join us on the journey
For our clients, suppliers, and stakeholders reading this report, we encourage you to ask us questions, share insights, and discuss new ideas. We’ll be better positioned to advance these important goals at both an organizational and a societal level if we work together.
For those of you considering joining our Deloitte team now or in the future, we welcome your exploration of our culture and our commitment to DEI. Ask yourself—and us—if Deloitte is a place where you can connect, belong, and grow.
And for our people, we urge you to hold us to increased transparency and meaningful change. Know that these goals are not exhaustive of the work ahead. Continue to engage and challenge us on how we lead this movement and deliver on the talent experience you deserve.
Most importantly, continue to bring your full and authentic selves to work—and encourage your colleagues to do the same.
Every one of our steps—and even our missteps—has taught us valuable lessons about the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion to Deloitte. It is at the very core of our purpose as an organization and our success as a business. Broadening our array of perspectives, experiences, and capabilities will make us more innovative, better able to serve clients, and more responsive to our communities.
Meaningful change will take effort and dedication from us all. It will not happen overnight, but we are committed to both immediate and long-term action toward a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace for everyone at Deloitte.
* Diverse racial and ethnic groups include Asian, American Indian/Alaska Native, Black, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, those who identify as multiracial, and professionals whose ethnicity is Hispanic/Latinx.
Diversity and Equity
- Increase the number of Black and Hispanic/Latinx professionals in our US workforce by 50% by 2025; this is an input to our goal of increasing the overall racial and ethnic diversity* of our US workforce to 48% by 2025
- Increase US workforce female representation to 45% by 2025
- Increase the representation of racially and ethnically diverse US Partners, Principals, and Managing Directors (PPMDs) to 25% by 2025
- Increase the number of female US PPMDs by 25% by 2025
Inclusion and Belonging
- Address inconsistencies in the talent experience so that Black, Hispanic/Latinx, non-binary, and LGBTQIA+ professionals feel they can be their authentic selves in the workplace at a rate consistent with the overall workforce population
- Develop an understanding of fundamental anti-racism concepts, and cultivate allyship by providing anti-racism education across all levels
- Expand and evolve our mental health programs and resources that help address the needs of our various populations
- Increase the amount of addressable spend on diverse suppliers to $1B by 2025
- Increase our spend with Black-owned and Black-led businesses to at least $200M by 2025
- Collaborate with clients and industry leaders to drive workforce initiatives
- Drive institutional and systemic change through policy initiatives
- Reach 10 million individuals through education and workforce initiatives through WorldClass by 2030