Deloitte and Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been added to your bookmarks.
Deloitte and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Cloud solutions for the federal government
Deloitte and Amazon Web Services (AWS) provide a breadth of services to help federal government agencies select the right cloud solutions to accelerate their missions and derive value while helping agencies to be at the forefront of technology and innovation.
Deloitte offers full life cycle integration services to support cloud journey for government agencies, including:
- Strategy and Transformation Services: Deloitte assists clients with suitability assessments and the selection of a cloud service model for migrating and transforming current data centers to the cloud along with designing and developing architectures for the cloud. Deloitte also helps build an effective operating model for sustaining, monitoring, and operating cloud solutions.
- Cloud Native Services: Deloitte supports process and organizational transformation in the cloud by taking advantage of Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery processes. In addition, Deloitte helps clients develop their platform strategy, implement cloud platforms, assists clients in successfully adopting cloud platforms, and uses these cloud platforms to develop cloud native applications.
- Data Discovery Services: Helps understand and derive insights from data through advanced analytics platforms in the cloud. We build customized analytics platforms to meet specific requirements and offer Deloitte Managed Analytics Platform to provide with scalable Analytics as a Service.
- Cyber Risk Services: Helps manage risk at every step of the cloud journey from innovation, cyber security, security policy adoption, and requirements beyond FedRAMP accreditation.
Deloitte's cloud services are designed to provide with everything you need to operate a successful business in the cloud. Below are the cloud services that Deloitte offers to help federal clients take full advantage of the AWS cloud.
As member of the Amazon Partner Network (APN), Deloitte has a track record of implementing large scale IT projects. Below is one of our success stories on how Deloitte worked with AWS to provide cloud services to the federal government.
AWS government success story
The federal government is prioritizing cloud computing across its agencies. Mandates like the Cloud First Policy and Data Center Optimization Initiative have compelled agencies to evaluate commercial cloud services and plan for cloud adoption. Due to these federal initiatives, as well as a desire for a more efficient application and hosting environment, the client hired Deloitte to assess the viability of migrating its systems to a commercial cloud.
Deloitte completed cloud adoption activities for this client in the past, including an engineering assessment to understand the client's cloud readiness. Deloitte's cloud adoption work for the client also involved developing a future state architecture definition and implementation plan to migrate the client's application to AWS.
Following completion of the cloud adoption activities, Deloitte was engaged to migrate the client's public facing website to an environment hosted on AWS. The Deloitte team followed a phased approach to migrating the client's application.
- Setup and migration of the environment in accordance with client requirements and AWS reference architecture
- Test and validation of the application in the new cloud environment
- Certification and accreditation for the new environment including achievement of authority to operate for the migrated application
- Turnover and sustainment of the application hosted in AWS east/west region
This successful execution of this work enabled our client to more closely align to federal mandates and to meet its organizational goals of increasing cloud adoption.
Value: Deloitte's migration of the client's public website to AWS helped the client reduce its IT footprint while also reducing its total cost of ownership. In addition, the migration provided standardization of infrastructure in the cloud, leading to more secure and reliable networks and systems. The AWS environment also helped the client increase scalability, elasticity, and capacity to meet future demand and adapt new technologies.
The migration helped the client realize the benefits of AWS as a more cost effective and technically viable solution for application hosting while also allowing the client to better meet federal mandates and requirements.