Behavioral Interview Tips | Deloitte US | Careers| Join Deloitte has been added to your bookmarks.
Behavioral interview tips
Here's where you get to shine
The behavioral interview is the time to showcase your achievements and experiences, as well as present your communication and interpersonal skills. It's your opportunity to describe situations where you used your technical and functional capabilities, intellectual curiosity, and passion for making a personal impact. It can also help us understand how you may fit in our culture, how you may fit as a consultant, and your potential in a consulting career.
Tips for an Effective Behavioral Interview
We encourage you to:
- Share personal experiences to illustrate your critical skills and achievements
- Describe experiences and career/life periods reflected in your resume
- Focus on the positives of all your past experiences and remain optimistic
- Use this discussion to learn more about Deloitte
- Relax, be yourself, and help us get to know you
- Use your time wisely; it's your time, make sure you get your points across
Comparison of Traditional versus Behavioral Style Questions:
- Traditional: "Tell me about a class project."
- Behavioral: "How did you go about deciding on your class project recommendation?"
- Traditional: "What was the most difficult decision you had to make as an officer in…?"
- Behavioral: "Give me an example of when you had to deal with adversity. How did you resolve it?"
Interested in reading more recruiting tips? Click here.