Audit staff assistant
Auditing is a profession of critical importance to the investing public
Auditing is a profession of critical importance to the investing public and the capital markets. It requires unique skills and a deep personal commitment. It is rigorous, challenging, complex, and ever-changing. One of the roles of the auditor is that of “evaluator,” one who exercises professional skepticism. We gain a deep understanding of the entity and its operating environment in providing a quality audit.
As an integral member of the Deloitte Audit Practice, an undergraduate or graduate student will play an essential role in this highly complex process. Auditors’ unique experiences, perspectives, and knowledge help in delivering differentiated high-quality audits to a vast portfolio of clients while you grow and enhance your career with Deloitte.
Working with a team of highly motivated professionals, you will have the opportunity to navigate the multifaceted and demanding regulatory landscape and experience diverse client organizations, industries, and business environments first-hand. The state-of-the-art Deloitte Audit methodology and tools will enable and empower you to learn on the job while meeting the demands of clients and stakeholders.
What we look for
- Bachelor of Science/Business Administration or Master of Science in Accounting
- Must meet minimum requirements to sit for CPA exam before beginning full-time employment
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel for out-of-town engagements
Great auditors are professional skeptics. A simple way to think about what we need in our professionals is what we define as the SKILL + WILL.
AUDITING SKILLS (SKILL)
PROFESSIONAL MINDSET (WILL)
Deloitte supports your progression through a well-defined career path by providing challenging assignments, mentoring, and targeted training.
Develop understanding of our auditing methodology and tools. Perform reviews of Audit documents, identify accounting and auditing issues and perform research to solve those issues. Apply concepts of risk assessment, and perform tests of internal controls.
Supervise field engagements. Design approach to audit engagements, supervise staff, perform audit procedures of complex areas of clients’ financial statements, and interacting with clients to discuss field audit issues.
Audit Manager and Senior Manager
Lead the day-to-day operations of multiple engagements and are involved with regulatory and accounting issues that arise during the audit engagement, Responsible for the supervision of staff and management of services to clients. Have deep technical experience and are expected to develop in-depth knowledge in a given industry/service line.
Partner or Director
Oversee the quality of services and engagement economics. Have a keen understanding of their client’s industry and business and develop deep relationships at the C-Suite and Board level. Lead, coach, and develop professionals within the practice.
Learning and development
We support the development of leadership and technical skills through leading-edge development solutions:
Audit National Learning Programs
- Audit Intern training—provides a view both into the technical skills as well as critical professional behaviors, standards, and mindsets required to make the most of your internship. The program includes a variety of team-based hands-on exercises and activities, and concludes with building an action plan to apply your learning on your engagement.
- Audit On-Board training—participate in Welcome to Deloitte, a cross-functional 2-day orientation followed by a 3-day Audit-specific orientation. The following week, you'll participate in the New Hire Seminar at Deloitte University where you'll stay at our state-of-the-art facility and be able to meet peers from across the country.
- Formal milestone programs—multi-day immersive experiential learning programs delivered at Deloitte University to teach skills needed to be effective at the next level.
Audit Local, Virtual and eLearning Programs
- Local live classroom training-throughout the year, local offices host classroom trainings focused on specific topics or skills
- Virtual training-instructor-led training in a virtual setting focused on specific topics or skills
- eLearning courses-extensive library of online courses to help develop core skill sets as well as industry/technical-specific knowledge
Other learning opportunities to support your development include on-the-job training. We provide Engagement Team Based Learning where you are able to apply concepts directly to the work you're doing with your clients. It's important that we learn from one another. For that reason, all of our classes are taught by Audit professionals who have specific knowledge. To support professional development, we offer Deloitte's Facilitator Excellence certification program so our facilitators are prepared to successfully teach the concepts.