Private Label sourcing | Deloitte US | Retail & Distribution has been added to your bookmarks.
2012-2013 Private Label sourcing survey
Strategies to differentiate and defend
Retail has entered a period of rapid change—omni-channel forces are reshaping consumer behavior and the competitive landscape, the pace of international expansion continues to grow, and supply markets face more volatility and regulation. In this new environment, retailers are looking to private label sourcing to drive more differentiation on the shelf and to defend market share, margin and brand reputation.
Our findings provide an analysis of key trends in private label sourcing, including:
- Top market pressures retailers are facing
- Current and emerging strategic responses to market pressures
- The evolution of value chain strategies—the activities played by retailers and their supply chain partners
- Shifts in retailers’ sourcing footprints, including source of supply and vendor selection criteria
- Associated operating model, governance, technology and tax trends