A bi-weekly thought leadership series
Welcome to CFO Insights, a bi-weekly thought leadership series from Deloitte, dedicated to addressing the issues that Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) and finance executives face today. CFO Insights provides an easily digestible and regular stream of perspectives on the challenges you are confronted with.
View the collection of CFO Insights available below, and check back as new editions are routinely added.
- What projects will you—or should you—sponsor?
- Data visualization: Why a picture can be worth a thousand clicks
- Special teams: A new way to deploy FP&A
- Revenue recognition: Pain points beyond the accounting
- What's the right price? The equation isn't so simple
- Future smart: Why robotics changes everything
- Stacking the deck: Effective crisis response
- As sustainability takes root, finance takes notice
- The Internet of Things: Moving from cost savings to revenue generation
- Looking to improve earnings calls? Start with better information
- Digital finance: Avoiding the pitfalls of moving to the cloud
- People analytics comes of (digital) age
- Unleashing the potential—and power—of FP&A
- Analytics: Five skills that can help finance soar
- Execution risk: Stepping over 12 common hurdles
- Stressed out? How Business Chemistry can help you and your team
- Performance management: Does your process serve your strategy?
- Culture shift: Changing beliefs, behaviors, and outcomes
- Finding CFO: What does the market demand?
- Strategy execution: What could possibly go wrong?
- What’s keeping CFOs awake in 2016?
- Decision rights: Who owns what after a business model change?
- Seven hidden costs of a
- What's your story?
- Getting smart about smart contracts
- Creating a continuous learning environment
- Three ways to strengthen the CFO-CIO partnership
- How to uncover hidden FX risks
- Shedding pension risk
- What it takes to be an advantaged acquirer
- The dangers of being too decisive
- Facing (and embracing) strategic risks
- Diagnosing your team—and curing its ills
- Compliance risks: What you don’t contain can hurt you
- Creating an effective communications program
- Capitalizing on the promise—and the power—of the Internet of Things
- Eyeing China—and its currency—with caution
- What audit committees want from CFOs
- Unlocking the secrets of employee engagement
- Talent dilemmas: What should you do?
- Should FX swings affect incentive compensation?
- Working with government—at every level
- Six steps to transforming tax
- Unmasking insider threats
- Better break-ups: The art of the divestiture
- Activist shareholders: How will you respond?
- Are your conversations strategic?
- Shared services: Creating a working model for emerging markets
- Effective Investor Relations (IR): Lessons from the trenches
- Energy & water: A market reality check
- The cash paradox: How cash levels can affect corporate behavior
- Value Shift: Why CFOs should lead the charge in the digital age
- The Strategist CFO: Four orientations for engaging in the strategy process
- Reassessing IP strategies in a disruptive age
- Talent: Building the team you need now
- Workplace redesign: Turning your environment into a productivity machine
- Compliance Programs: What separates "good enough" from "great"?
- Cybersecurity: Five essential truths
- Time: Protecting your irrecoverable asset
- What's keeping CFOs up in 2014?
- Making working capital work
- Financial statements: Framing your judgment calls
- Why globalization demands (C)
hief(F) rontier(O) fficers
- Can internal audit be a command center for risk?
- Realigning your portfolio for growth
- So you want to be a corporate director...
- Evaluating IT: A
- FP&A: What's risk got to do with it?
- Social business: Taming compliance risks
- Defining - and delivering - your talent agenda
- How CFOs can own analytics
- Harnessing the three rules
- Are you a strategic CFO: Seven essential questions
- The case for vetting global business partners
- Pricing for
profitability: What's in your pocket?
- Why improving board communications is time well spent
- Opening the black box: Five questions for your tax leader
- Is the cloud within your reach?
- The power of business chemistry
- Capital expenditures: Will your investment deliver the desired result?
- The case for a close czar
- Investor relations: What new CFOs should know
- Deal or no deal: Can busted M&A deals be avoided?
- Derisking pensions: Can it be done?
- Using econometrics to bolster scenario planning
Data: The new CFO/CIO dynamic driven
- Making decisions that matter