Enterprise Health Systems Solutions
Health care provider organizations are consistently racing to comply with health care’s ever changing requirements, a seemingly uphill climb as they struggle with margin pressures and competitors’ moves to take the lead in their markets. From changing reimbursement levels to MACRA readiness and value-based care to electronic health records (EHR), US health care reform is a steady reality, and health care systems are transforming their businesses to operate effectively in this new environment.
Racing against the clock
Deloitte's Enterprise Health Systems Solutions team works with administrators, clinicians, and operational leaders as they migrate to integrated clinical and revenue cycle information systems that support high-quality patient care, administrative cost-effectiveness, strong financial performance, and regulatory compliance.
Beyond our significant experience in driving adoption of EHR systems, we have a strong track record of helping provider organizations adapt to integrated clinical and revenue cycle information systems through effective leadership alignment, change management, workflow and content design, and systems implementation.
Our 550+ consulting team includes physicians, nurses, pharmacists, revenue cycle and administrative leaders who understand the business of health care—who have helped hospital systems, academic medical centers, and standalone facilities realize significant cost savings, maximize their revenue, and transform care delivery. We design and implement enterprise health systems solutions that address the broad spectrum of new regulations and standards. Our work encompasses the people, processes, technology, and data to transform the health system environment. In addition, we have extensive vendor relationships that enable us to help clients select, effectively design, and efficiently implement products to help our clients in their efforts to achieve their vision and goals and successfully address their needs.
Enterprise Health Systems Solutions services
- Physician and clinical leader alignment. We engage management and clinicians to define a common vision for improving patient experience and transforming care.
- Business case development. We develop the business case to justify the investment in systems implementation through measurable performance goals, including financial, patient satisfaction, and clinician adoption metrics.
- System selection. We evaluate health information technology vendor packages, considering value delivered, benefits, and tradeoffs.
- Care-driven design, planning, and management. We work with clinical and administrative stakeholders to help design, configure, test, and implement solutions driving the transformation of workflows, information sharing, and technology solutions, with a view towards knowledge transfer and physician/clinical engagement.
- Revenue cycle design, planning and management. We deliver broad-based revenue cycle services, including process redesign, technology enhancement, organizational design and performance management.
- Systems integration and rollout. We use proprietary tools and methods to help accelerate systems integration, develop and deliver training and communications, and measure performance results.
- Optimization. We provide a holistic approach to understanding an organization’s use of their live suite of applications and identifying the gaps and effort needed to reach leading financial and clinical effectiveness performance.
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Clear articulation of strategic organizational and clinical goals with detailed, tactical planning to achieve them
- Improved patient experience and safety
- More efficient sharing of medical information
- Clinician-driven interdisciplinary design
- System-wide clinician support and adoption
- Greater ability to attract targeted patients and quality care providers
- Lower administrative costs and reduced paperwork
- Accelerated clinical information system design, build, and integration
- Effective and efficient process and systems implementation
Transforming to a performance-based value system is no longer optional for health care systems. Health care reform mandates make it critical to efficiently integrate technology and processes to enable compliance while containing costs and improving the quality of care and patient satisfaction.