Manage Data has been saved
Cultivating data for insights
With the proliferation of data being created daily, it has become imperative to take intelligent steps to manage this data and harness useful information from it. Managing new sources of data and the varying requirements for data access, data protection, data security, and data retention is the need of the hour. At Deloitte, we can develop the processes, tools, and governance to help effectively harness and manage enterprise data assets to deliver operational excellence, new products and services, competitive agility, and growth.
- AIM—Manage Data
- Managing data is essential for achieving operation excellence and enabling valuable insights for your business
- How we can help manage data for your business?
- Case Study
- Potential Deloitte Benefits
Managing data is essential for achieving operation excellence and enabling valuable insights for your business
Managing enterprise data helps organizations define and develop processes, standards, architecture, and tools that help to store, standardize, govern, secure, and harness the value of the enterprise data assets. We offer various services to efficiently help you manage your enterprise data.Managing enterprise data helps organizations define and develop processes, standards, architecture, and tools that help to store, standardize, govern, secure, and harness the value of the enterprise data assets. We offer various services to efficiently help you manage your enterprise data.
Our subofferings include:
- Data Architecture and Lineage: Identify, design, and build the architectural components to facilitate storage, integration, usage, access, and delivery of data assets across the enterprise
- Digital and Master Data Management: Provide a holistic approach to defining data management practices across enterprise and digital data streams, including social, sensor, machine, video, and geospatial information
- Advanced Data Management: Identify and apply exponential technologies and techniques to manage data differently than ever before, reflecting a new maturity curve for data management
- Data Governance and Quality: Design and deploy the organizational models, policies, procedures, and standards to effectively govern and sustain the quality of enterprise data
- Security, Control, and Compliance: Develop the policies, procedures, controls, and technology that enables the protection of enterprise data assets from unofficial/unlawful access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction
- Reconciliation and Enrichment: Develop the processes, methodology, and scalable tools to extract, transform, enrich, migrate, and reconcile data between enterprise applications; ensure business-ready data is available in all applications
How we can help manage data for your business?
We help our clients identify and lay out architectural components that provide a framework to facilitate storage, integration, usage, access, and delivery of data assets across the enterprise. By providing a holistic approach to defining data management practices across all enterprise and digital data streams, we help enable our clients to derive the most value from their critical master data assets and, at the same time, ensuring the quality of the data and the consistency of delivery and use of that data across the enterprise.
Next, the clients ask "How can I align both business and technology with all the needs?"
We perform detailed stakeholder identification analysis to develop adoption campaigns. We bring our technical experience, as well as our business perspective, to empower analytics advocates to garner support from key stakeholders and sustain adoption and expand analytics across the organization.
We create user personas and journey map to help define key roles within your organization – their business needs, pain points, and desires to identify insight into your data and the analytics needed to enable data-driven decision-making. We help you define the strategy for establishing Analytics Centers of Excellence to drive your analytics strategy and assess your analytics maturity through the expansion of incorporating analytics-leading practices and building resource capabilities.
Challenge/Opportunity: The client, one of the largest discount retailers in the United States, has implemented various applications that capture customer data for multiple sales channels. However, there is no ‘golden record’ for each customer that the client can use to implement a multichannel strategy. Customer data generated in multiple systems is inconsistent, and has created issues for the client to effectively market products and services to target customer base. Limited data validation and inefficient matching process lead to duplicate customer records in the data warehouse. Lack of governance process, policies, and organization has led to inconsistent customer definitions across channels and multiple manual interventions to resolve customer data issues.
- Holistic analysis and detailed design sessions to identify business requirements
- Collection of customer data from several sources, probabilistic matching, identification of suspects, and persistence of customer records based on survivorship rules
- Identify 'households' of customer per agreed-upon business rules
- One-time initial conversion of data from legacy data warehouse into master data management (MDM), followed by daily, weekly, and monthly incremental batch loads
- Incremental real-time feeds for newly added sources and consumers and any future source or consumer
- MDM integration with data enrichment sources for guest addresses and demographics information
- Approximately $11M savings for the client to stand up global data management (GDM) in a timely manner and having guest data available for the downstream analytic reporting systems
- Achieved a 360-degree view of its guest to facilitate personalization of the guest experience
- 20 percent growth in online sales
- Delivered an industrial strength solution to scale with guest count
- Archived valuable legacy guest data from other operational systems
Potential Deloitte Benefits
- Prioritization Consistent and Trusted Data Assets: We prioritize and lay out architectural components to facilitate storage, integration, usage, access, and delivery of data assets.
- Disruption-Free Operations: We follow the processes, methodology, and scalable tools to extract, transform, enrich, migrate, and reconcile data between enterprise applications, providing for the disruption-free operations.
- Operational Efficiency: We help enable organizations and their infrastructures in becoming more adaptable to the marketplace as they grow with M&A and respond to rapidly changing technology landscape, while delivering on complex portfolio of projects.
- Insight Enablement: We help to identify and apply exponential technologies to transform the usual ways of analyzing and discovering information.
- Reduced Risk and Compliance:To reduce risk and adhere to compliance, we design organization models, policies, procedures, and standards that can effectively govern and sustain the quality of enterprise data.
- Governance and Control: Deloitte's comprehensive Data Governance framework views information as a strategic asset driven by business values. Its change management program establishes guidelines defining how Data Governance policies, processes, standards, and master data are created or modified. Deloitte can also assist more mature Data Governance organizations to operationalize more effectively.