#SoDeloitteful has been saved
Life at Deloitte
Our professionals weigh in on how they’re thankful for Deloitte.
November 21, 2018
Thanksgiving is often a time where individuals reflect on the joys in their life and what they are grateful for. As our Recruitment Brand and Employer Brand & Marketing Teams prepare to enjoy time off with loved ones, we asked them to share what about Deloitte makes them #SoDeloitteful.
I am thankful that I often have the opportunity to work with colleagues across the US and from around the globe. Global impact is fulfilling, and the opportunity to learn from many other people and cultures is very enriching. Through my work on the Deloitte Employer Brand and Marketing team, I’ve been able to attend meetings to the offices of other firms within the global network of member firms, including to the Netherlands, Italy, India, Spain and Brazil. I’ve also traveled to many cities across the US to visit other Deloitte offices.
- Jen Powell, Senior Manager, Employer Brand & Marketing, Deloitte Services LP
My daughter just turned one in October, and my entire Deloitte team has been nothing but supportive from the beginning. Through our Short-Term Disability and Paid Family Leave Programs, I was eligible for six months of paid time off, which gave me such peace of mind as a new mom! I’m grateful for these programs for so many reasons, but most of all that I was able to take the time I needed to spend quality time caring for my newborn in the immediate days and months after her birth.
- Lisa Caulfield, Manager, Recruitment Brand, Deloitte Services LP
In 2009 I left Deloitte to pursue other career goals. While no longer at Deloitte, I knew that I still had a huge network of friends and colleagues that I’d amassed during my time with the organization, and an ongoing connection to Deloitte via our alumni programs. In 2014 my husband and I moved to Chicago from Boston, and as I began my job search in a new city, a former Deloitte colleague told me about an opportunity available on her team that was a match for the skills I’d acquired during my time away. I got the job and jumped right back in, reconnecting with several members of my old team. I’m thankful that “colleagues for life” isn’t just a catchphrase at Deloitte.
- Leanne Lawry, Manager, Employer Brand & Marketing, Deloitte Services LP
- Where could you be working tomorrow? Learn more about our international opportunities.
- Short Term Disability and our Paid Family Leave Program are only a few benefits offered to Deloitte employees. Learn more about our benefits and rewards.
- Colleagues for life: learn more about our programs available for Deloitte alumni.
- Check out #SoDeloitteful on Instagram and Twitter to see what other aspects of Deloitte’s culture our professionals are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!