Digital Reality | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Augmented, virtual, mixed reality | 360ovideo | Immersive
The proliferation of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality throughout everyday life and work can be as transformational as the PC, web, and mobile were in the past. We are defining this as "Digital Reality," and it may drastically transform how we work, communicate, learn, and create.
- Digital reality is the next technology transformation
- What are digital reality technologies
- Where to experience us next
- Contact us
Digital Reality is the next technology transformation
Digital Reality, which consists of augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), mixed reality (MR), 360o video, and immersive technologies are rapidly gaining traction in the marketplace. The proliferation of these tools, applications, and solutions will permeate throughout everyday life and work in just a few years and will be as impactful as the PC, web, and mobile. This has led to digital reality's reputation as the next technology transformation in the way people interact and use data. Companies around the world are applying these technologies to create revenue generating and cost saving solutions as well as wholesale changes to the way they work.
What our leaders have to say
Wall Street Journal – Exciting prospects for Digital Reality
Deloitte Insights – More real than reality: Transforming work through augmented reality
What are Digital Reality technologies?
Today, Digital Reality consists of five primary technologies that can be used to drive value across a variety of capabilities, including business case development, remote communication, and immersive training:
- Augmented reality: Overlays digitally-created content into the user's real-world environment
- Virtual reality: Creates a digital environment that replaces the user's real-world
- Mixed reality: Blends digital content into the real world, where both environments can coexist and interact
- 360o video: Yields a new perspective, allowing users to look every direction in a virtual scene
- Immersive experiences: Provide multisensory, digital experience delivered through any of these technologies.
Experience us at CES!
Tuesday, January 9th–1:00 pm to 4:30 pm PST
North Hall–N260–Las Vegas Convention Center
We believe that augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality projects can provide a material opportunity for our clients across many industries. Deloitte Digital Reality will have leaders from industry, clients, and vendors sharing case studies that have transformed corporate processes and yielded high-value returns on investments.
This exciting half-day track will focus on:
- Trendsetters for 2018 – A look back at the expectations for 2017: which ones were met and which ones fell short of digital reality. Looking ahead to 2018, what accelerators and enablers in the marketplace need to be developed to allow even greater success?
- Breakout technologies for 2018 – Leading hardware, software, platform, and app companies are taking digital reality to a higher echelon. Digital reality form factors will push the boundaries of what is possible; these technologies are reshaping how work gets done across the enterprise.
- Delivering ROI with digital reality – Digital reality implementations are delivering billion dollar efficiencies for all industries. Industry leaders will speak to metrics achieved in actual case studies where digital reality transformed their processes and yielded a high-value return on investment.
January 8-12, 2018 | Las Vegas, NV
Business impacts of emerging technology, media, and telecommunication