Investing in the US oil and gas sector has been saved
Investing in the US oil and gas sector
Services for US inbound investors
Deloitte offers a multidisciplinary, integrated approach delivered globally across the entire inbound investment transaction lifecycle. Our experienced team of specialists can help your company make the most of its North American investment, with support through every step of the transaction, from your market entry strategy to ongoing operations.
A renewed opportunity for investment in the US
The North American energy renaissance primed the US market for foreign investment. A country with a former concern of natural gas deficit is now a net exporter of oil.
Geographically, North America continues to be the most active exploration and production deal market in the oil and gas industry. This is due, largely in part, to its relative economic strength, attractive resource base, and lower geographic risk profile.
In today’s low-price environment, investors should seize this moment of correction, consolidation, and reorganization to capitalize on the North American marketplace and drive innovation in the oil and gas industry. Deloitte provides a multi-disciplinary, integrated approach to assist companies investing in the US throughout the full investment lifecycle.
You’ve decided to invest, now what?
As the global economic landscape of the energy industry changes, more international companies are seeking to invest in the US oil and gas industry. As they develop investment strategies, key questions arise, including:
- Understand the business purpose: What are your short- and long-term objectives for entering the market?
- Define your investment: What nature and structure of investment most efficiently and effectively
- Qualify to do business: What are the necessary steps to meet the requirements to conduct business?
- Secure and manage talent: What are the considerations in identifying, recruiting, securing, and managing talent?
- Establish compliance platform: What are the compliance requirements and how do you efficiently meet them?
- Set up enabling areas: What support services are needed to conduct business?
- Optimize the investment: What enhancements can further propel the ongoing business?
Deloitte offers clients a broad range of fully integrated services in accounting, assurance and advisory, risk, tax, management, financial advisory, technology, and human capital consulting. With the added strength of the global Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firm network, Deloitte has the ability to offer a true global, integrated approach to business issues, combining insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with a wide range of business and industry knowledge to help organizations excel anywhere in the world.
Deloitte's Oil & Gas practice
Deloitte’s Oil & Gas practice has a presence on every continent and in each major oil and gas region around the globe.
- Includes 3,600 experienced professionals, combining a dedicated group with subject matter specialists across the entire oil and gas industry
- Publishes regular thought leadership and insights to help clients stay ahead of emerging trends
- Provides services to majors, independents, national oil companies, and oilfield services companies, including those in the logistics and shipping sectors
- Supports clients through 11 specialized Centers of Excellence across the globe, including the United States, Canada, Brazil, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Russia