2020 Life Sciences Regulatory Outlook has been saved
2020 Life Sciences Regulatory Outlook
Navigating key trends in life sciences and health care regulations
Gain industry insight into key life sciences regulations and updates on what companies should be tracking and addressing in 2020.
- Life sciences regulatory compliance in 2020: Taking a holistic view
- Expand to read
- More life sciences trends and insights
- Look again
- Get in touch
Life sciences regulatory compliance in 2020: Taking a holistic view
Life sciences companies are responsible for helping to improve the lives of millions of individuals and are necessarily held to a high standard of public trust. With such high stakes, regulators have made it clear that "paper compliance" is not enough and that companies are expected to maintain a comprehensive, real-time view of their compliance programs’ effectiveness.
The theme for the 2020 life sciences regulatory outlook is for companies to take a broader view of compliance so that these activities are part of a company's overall business strategy. With compliance top of mind for all involved when a new product nears launch, a new system is brought online, or a new business relationship is explored, companies can be better equipped to do more than comply with life sciences regulations. Active compliance can also be a force to support the needs of your teams, and the process and technological tools they use, to be better integrated and aligned in your company's mission.
More life sciences trends and insights
- Read Deloitte’s US and Global Life Sciences Outlook for insights on how the industrialization of life sciences will affect how companies work to meet consumer expectations.
- Learn how pharmaceutical companies can upgrade their compliance function through digital technologies.
- Explore Deloitte’s perspective on the future of health.
- Learn how medtech companies can capture competitive advantage through partnerships with consumer-focused technology companies and specialized digital health companies.
- Understand how life sciences companies are transforming research and development through emerging technologies.
- Gain insights into life sciences regulations and how they are evolving to support better patient outcomes.
This publication is part of the Deloitte Center for Regulatory Strategy Americas’ annual, cross-industry series on the year’s top regulatory trends. To learn more about regulatory challenges and opportunities in other industries, visit the Regulatory Outlooks homepage.
In today’s rapidly evolving marketplace environment, key business issues are converging with impacts felt across multiple industry sectors. What are the key trends, challenges, and opportunities that may affect your business and influence your strategy? Look for more perspectives and insights from some of Deloitte’s forward thinkers.