Reimagining the Risk Intelligent Enterprise | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Reimagining the risk intelligent enterprise
Leveraging risk intelligence for competitive advantage
Managing risk isn’t just about preventing loss—it’s also about creating opportunity. By becoming a risk intelligent enterprise, leaders can create value for stakeholders, boost performance, and grow their businesses. Discover practical steps for adopting a proactive approach to risk management.
- Download reimagining the risk intelligent enterprise
- Inside a risk intelligent enterprise
- Operationalizing risk intelligence
- Is it time to rethink your approach?
- Get in touch
The importance of risk intelligence
Is your organization taking a proactive approach to risk management? Many aren’t. Despite the advancements in risk management over the last 10 years, many leadership teams still lack a clear picture of the risks to their organizations and reliable ways of addressing them.
Leaders who adopt the practices of a risk intelligent enterprise have a sharper vision of risks and opportunities. The risk intelligent enterprise acknowledges that risk management must evolve as risks evolve. And it understands that traditional enterprise risk management isn’t enough. To get ahead of disruptive risk, organizations need to develop a proactive risk management program.
The risk intelligent enterprise:
- Pursues the opportunities that risk presents while protecting existing assets
- Creates strategic flexibility while maintaining operational discipline
- Increases senior executives’ confidence in their decisions
- Provides assurance to the board that risks have been addressed
Inside a risk intelligent enterprise
The risk intelligent enterprise aligns people, process, tools, technologies, and governance into one system. From there, it prioritizes and allocates scarce resources to the highest return opportunities. The risk intelligent enterprise relies on three foundational elements:
- Risk management system. A technology-enabled platform that combines human expertise with risk data and analytics to generate risk intelligence.
- Integrated assurance program. An integrated assurance framework, methodology, and system align risk-reporting and assurance activities across all three lines of defense to enhance risk management effectiveness.
- Effective governance. A governance framework consists of structures that enable management to execute the preferred strategy within commercial and regulatory boundaries of operation.
Operationalizing risk intelligence: Turning concepts into practice
Operationalizing risk intelligence calls for tools and technologies that deliver timely risk information, facilitate risk-informed decision-making, and increase confidence in key decisions—all with the goal of optimizing value at a given risk level. Here are a few examples of operationalizing enablers:
Is it time to rethink your approach to risk intelligence?
Organizations that have evolved their approach to risk have embraced analytics, technologies, and innovations that harness data, expertise, and experience to drive a broader, more nuanced view of risk. And they’ve often prospered by shedding unnecessary costs and activities while leveraging risk for competitive advantage.